T800 putting it down

IIRC, there were a couple years of Corvette that would get spanked by that dump truck! :clap:

That dump straight hauls, It powered by a little Detroit with some tuning from a Detroit powered Pikes Peak truck. If I remember correct she laid down 900hp to the wheels this past year at Antrim Diesels Open House.

The truck does work every day and not all straight haul mostly local work. At antrim it put down 980hp but the pikes peak tune is long gone. i can say that the power is not all made with a tune mosty hard parts. the trucks been plaged with traction and clutch problems and i think there almost ironed out for the most part. It seemed if i could get traction the clutch would slip. But as heavy as it is its hard to believe how hard it can be to get traction!!

So why the Detroit? Why not an isx or or an N-14 or a c-15? Not knocking your rig at all cuz its one if the coolest things I've ever seen, just wondering if there is a particular advantage the Detroit has over the others

fat fingered using TapaTalk

The truck does work every day and not all straight haul mostly local work!!

Didnt mean how its worked, Ment it straight hauls A$$ !! lol

See you At Mason Dixon next month. I hope our Volvo stays together to compete with you guys in quik 8.

So why the Detroit? Why not an isx or or an N-14 or a c-15? Not knocking your rig at all cuz its one if the coolest things I've ever seen, just wondering if there is a particular advantage the Detroit has over the others

When i got the truck my buds said those detroits are junk and no matter what you do you cant make it run like a cat ar cummins!! I always had mack's and cummins and they were all runners and the dertroit was a pig so I set out to make it run and havent stopped yet!!!

that there's a gear jammin, super truckin fool.....I love it

When i got the truck my buds said those detroits are junk and no matter what you do you cant make it run like a cat ar cummins!! I always had mack's and cummins and they were all runners and the dertroit was a pig so I set out to make it run and havent stopped yet!!!

There was a day when I thought the same, now it's becoming normal to hear of S60s hanging with a 600hpC15s. LOL

That is awesome! I'd love to have a rig that flat runs. Sure a diesel pickup that runs well is pretty impressive, but a heavy truck like that is SSOOOO much cooler

Looks like you missed a gear half way there otherwise you were pulling on him!

thats pretty cool leon.. only thing i will ask is why they say it wieghs 23k? the 10 wheelers i drive are right at 20k.. otherwise good article and i hope you do get into the 13s this year..

The truck weights rite at 2300lbs with fuel!!!!!!!! I didn't build it to race i built it with the intent to pull a three axle tag trailer the racing just happened!!!!! I have had a few dump trucks and i was tired or repairing body's all the time when i built this one i figured i would get a heavy duty hardox body and it ended up about 3500lbs heavier then they quoted. We dig out of the back with excavators all the time because of the small lots around here now and that beats the **** out of them but so far 4 years and no dents and none of the guy's ripped the floor out of this one yet!! i mostly haul local and i mean within 35 miles so it hasn't been a big deal but i have a few things I'm going to do to try and take 800-1000 lbs of it this year. I do get people all the time Question the weight but such is life the lightest tandem i ever owned was 25400lbs so I didn't think it was that horrible!!!

My new plan for more traction LOL !!!!!!

Attachments

• 1020100936a.jpg
    1020100936a.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 0
thats a big dang rock!!! it prolly would have good traction but i dont think the tailgate would like it.. LOL

Damn son!! Got some tips for me and my 02 Pete with a 470hp 60 series. It's a turd on bottom. They said I could make it a 500 all the time. That would be sweet to have one run like that.

Sheese I love Series60s. There's a 14L DDEC V 60 in a purple Pete gravel truck here in town. Pulls a wagon. Dynod 1400hp. Works it nearly every day, licensed to 120,000lbs iirc. Goes by JetBoy trucking. But he does kits every year.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Back