Tach wire up in super duty

ratrod111

I have a 99 f250 super duty that had a 5.4 gas engine . I have a 96 12 v in it now and have a destroked tack kit installed but not sure how ot wire it . Any input will be appreciated. Thanks , Brad

Ground one end of the Destroked Sensor to the block and the other end goes to PCM Pin 48 (WH/PK)

Is there anyway to wire it up to the engine harness so that it will just unplug with the rest of the wires? Like to the existing tach signal wires maybe?

Yes and yes, you will need to do some creative wiring on the PCM end to utilize the 42 pin connector. the V10 and 5.4 clusters have a selective input which lets it know which motor to run which calibration.

Pin 48 on my PCM is a blue/black wire. Pin 52 is a white/pink wire though. Am I in the wrong spot?

Am I digging into the single long, skinny connector on the fire wall, or the 3 identical ones that are square? The 3 identical ones go up to the cluster and stuff, the long skinny one goes to my PCM.

There is a white/pink wire coming out of both the connectors.

Give me your VIN, It is a 104 pin connector. We are talking about a 2000 F series w/5.4L ?

52 is COP #3 and the only other blue/black wire is LB/BK pin 14 and it is 4x4 H/L indicator... You are doing this with a service manual right ??

Last edited:
I am using the Ford Service DVD...

Attachments

• 2000 V-10.JPG
    2000 V-10.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 0
No problem, Was it what i said or was the factory dvd wrong ?

No problem, Was it what i said or was the factory dvd wrong ?

Haha...ya it was exactly as you said. The previous owner of the truck liked mud A LOT, so the PK/WH wire was a completely different color until I whiped it off.

That and it seems I need to brush up on my counting skills :lolly:

Really appreciate your help though...now I just need to figure out why my starter isnt working when I turn the key to start? I can hear the relay, the lights are on, but nothing happens.

Voltage drop ? Starter trigger wire needs to be about 8Ga. Did your origional setup have a solenoid on the passenger fender ? the 6.0 starter solenoid draws 40 amps to trigger it.

Voltage drop ? Starter trigger wire needs to be about 8Ga. Did your origional setup have a solenoid on the passenger fender ? the 6.0 starter solenoid draws 40 amps to trigger it.

Yes it did. I moved everything over to the driver side fender so it could feed down into the starter (using a 47RE).

With key-on I have power to the main connection post on the starter and no power to the trigger connection post. And I still dont get any power when I click it over to start either, voltage doesnt even drop when I click it to start.

Is there a neutral saftey switch or something like that I have to bypass or trick or something?

Yes there is a P-N safety switch in the black connector from your auto trans.

Back