Tach

DIRT PRO

EXHAUST GURU
What is the easiest way to put an aftermarket tach on a 12 valve? I have an autometer monster tach with a shift light that i would love to use, but all i really need is a shift light honestly. its going on my mud truck and ide like to be a bit more precise on my shifts than just how the motor sounds

ive tried 4 diffrent kinds and brands but the only one i found to work and stay accurate through the rpm range was a gus tach from stewart warner has built in shift light etc uses factory pickup and buy the signal box and your good eep sells them

i tried 2 of the autometer 6k tachs would read right at idle but would always jump around at high rpms very inaccurate talked to a friend at a well known diesel shop he had same trouble i tried everything possible to get it to work 4 grooves 4 bolt heads and it just seem to go way out of calibration above 2200rpm but the gus tach worked just fine and it dosent matter on the ppr it will read trust me

Autometer makes a tach specific for diesels running up to 5k that picks up off the alternator. As far as I can tell mine is accurate but when the A/C or heater is on the needle has a slight bounce.

Intellidash....
Tach,Shift light,EGT(or any temp reading you want instead),Boost(or any pressure reading you may wany instead) and charging system all monitored.

Great unit........Andy

Ive tried to find the units yall are referring me to, but i haven had any luck and the customer support people just dont understand that there is a difference in a diesel tach :bang. So if yall have part #'s for the autometer and S.W. could you please pass them on it would be greatly appreciated :thankyou2:

Back