Take a Stab at My Truck's Value

Mr. Valvetrain

Engineer
Hello All,

In August some bum helped himself to my well built 04.5 2500 w/ compounds (in broad daylight in this country's 2nd richest county mind you). The truck was built by Diesel Darryl (so some of you "old" diesel guys may understand the level of quality). Today I got a laughable valuation (at least in my opinion) from my insurance company. I'd geatly appreciate any one would care to make an educated valuation of their own to do so. I won't mention what their valuation was nor what I think the truck was worth to help eliminate any bias. The insurance company has pictures and receipts for ALL items listed below, so they know its no joke. Please see the details below and let me know what you would consider fair market price. Thank you!

As bought:
- 2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4, Quad Cab, Short Box, SLT, Offroad Package, HO ISB600, 48RE Auto Trans (stock configuration)
- All options except for leather
- Factory Mopar chrome side steps, Mopar bedliner
- 11.5" AAM rear axle w/ 4.10s (HD pkg)

As stolen:
- 104,000 miles, as good as new condition, religously maintained
- AFE Fiberglass topper, painted to match
- B&W flip-over gooseneck
- Putnam 15k receiver hitch
- B&W tow and stow hitch
- Tokensha trailer brake
- 2 built in head rest screens for the kids
- BDS 4" lift
- Interco Truxus STS 35"X12.50" on OE 17" chrome wheels (spare was also truxus STS)
- Rancho 9000XLs w/ MyRide
- Darryl's Diesel 1-1/2" CDS HD Steering w/ King Stabilizer
- Darryl's Diesel 2" CDS Torque bars with axle saddles
- Completely rebuilt AAM 9.25" front axle (I mean completly) w/ Spicer ball joints
- Double secret prototype rear end cover from AAM (1 of 6 made) - dont tell anyone :)
- Modified 2011 Ram 5500 rear drive shaft (biggest U-joints you'd ever see on a street truck)
- Darryl's Diesel fuel tank sump kit with dual pick-ups
- 2X FASS 260GPHs
- 2X Industrial Injection CP3s
- 250HP John Link Engineering Injectors w/ cross over tubes (RIP Mr. Link)
- BW S300 66mm SX3
- BW S400 80mm SX4
- ATS 12V Big Foot
- ARP 625 head studs
- Head rebuilt by Enterprise (big seats, new guides), cut and ringed by Diesel Darryl
- Enterprise billet cam
- Diesel Darryl turbo piping
- Full billet trans built by Diesel Darryl (7k in the best parts available alone!) plus Derali trans cooler w/ fan in the rear pass fender well
- ATS Co-pilot
- Suncoast trans dipstick
- Full complement of Stewart Warner gauges (LED backlit to match factory cluster)
- Hushpower muffler
- A billion other small details and custom parts, plus irreplacble things like memories of building this truck with family (Dad, kids, brother)

And to boot, I was (and still am) in the middle of building a house so the @ssholes made off with $6k in tools!

And if by some chance someone reading this is the guy who took it, pray I don't find you one day - seriously.

Need some pics but if its as good as described that would bring 25k+ around this area. The truck stock would bring around 20k.

unless you have added coverage for the perfomance parts the insurance only will give fair market valve for the truck ... it will be hard pressed to get what you have in it ... most insurance companys will only cover up to 2000.00 in aftermarket assy add to a car or truck ...hope it work out for ya ..

unless you have added coverage for the perfomance parts the insurance only will give fair market valve for the truck ... it will be hard pressed to get what you have in it ... most insurance companys will only cover up to 2000.00 in aftermarket assy add to a car or truck ...hope it work out for ya ..

Lets not make any assumptions about my policy - I've got that end covered. I've intentionally left out all details - just looking for what people would pay. But thanks for the well wishes, I hope it works out too.

Trucks sell cheap in all of your locales, please don't speak with my agent!

Thanks!

Even up here in expensive land (Canada) that is a 25K truck at best.

With those mods, and 104k?! I know where I'll start looking for my next truck.

That truck would go for 25k easy here.
Being realistic for something around here. You can sometimes get more, but you'll be waiting awhile.

Being realistic for something around here. You can sometimes get more, but you'll be waiting awhile.

Oh, I wasn't calling BS on your post at all. I know truck values are all over the board depending on the area. Down here in the south, trucks are high as hell lately...my CL app pulls up a $20k+ 2nd gen almost daily.

Oh, I wasn't calling BS on your post at all. I know truck values are all over the board depending on the area. Down here in the south, trucks are high as hell lately...my CL app pulls up a $20k+ 2nd gen almost daily.
NP, didn't take it that way.

I find it hard to believe that many of these high-priced modded trucks on Craigslist get sold for that much.

I imagine half of them either get talked severely, or they are guys fishing for the moon or trying to get their woman off their back by pretending like they really want to sell it.

Who wants to buy somebody else's project?

Lets not make any assumptions about my policy - I've got that end covered. I've intentionally left out all details - just looking for what people would pay. But thanks for the well wishes, I hope it works out too.

Trucks sell cheap in all of your locales, please don't speak with my agent!

Thanks!
So tell us what the adjuster said.

I find it hard to believe that many of these high-priced modded trucks on Craigslist get sold for that much.

I imagine half of them either get talked severely, or they are guys fishing for the moon or trying to get their woman off their back by pretending like they really want to sell it.

Who wants to buy somebody else's project?

It may sound hard to believe but its happening. Just had a buddy sell his 02 with 50k miles for 22k cash. It was on CL for less than a week. The only thing that was done to it was a suncoast TC, VB, and billet input in a stock trans.

Last edited:
I would hope you could pull $26-$28k... Good luck with everything. Hope the scum gets everything he deserves.

Personally I think the prices for used trucks is retarted. I mean its cool if you're the seller. There's a nice clean 2nd gen sport on eBay right now for like 23k. That just blows my mind. But there must be some validity to these prices cause everybody asks a fortune.

Sorry for the hi-jack but I'd say the base value on truck according to insurance would be around 20-22K

Its because the new ones are $60k which is just phucking stupid. You can buy a small house for just a bit more

Last edited:
I think its a good thing they are expensive, helps keep kids from buying them as much.

Yea cause that has worked out so well, LMFAO! The ones that do buy them are riding mommy and daddies shirt tales

Yea cause that has worked out so well, LMFAO! The ones that do buy them are riding mommy and daddies shirt tales

If you want to be negative, you can look at it that way. You think it would be better if they were cheap? :lolly:

Back