Take a Stab at My Truck's Value

The truck is only worth blue book which i would say was around 19-20. All the other stuff doesnt have any value to the ins company when they settle with you. You could have a 100k in reciepts but your not getting it from them. The whole memories thing isnt worth the paper its wrote on thats just an attempt to get some one to feel sorry for you. Now if the guys are caught thats a different story because they canbe made to pay for the damages but other wise you are SOL. And you cant go off of what the truck would sell for sitting on a dealers lot

If you want to be negative, you can look at it that way. You think it would be better if they were cheap? :lolly:

Not negative just being realistic and price wont make a difference in who buys them and what they do with them

Last edited:
I would hope you could pull $26-$28k... Good luck with everything. Hope the scum gets everything he deserves.

Thanks! I had really hoped the cops would have found the truck wrapped around a tree a few hours later. It was raining and a truck like mine didn't care to go very straight even on dry pavement if you were "driving it like you stole it". I didn't get so lucky and nothing ever showed up. Cop's best bet was it was crated and shipped as a whole.

To everyone who has referred to the Bluebook, its in the 22k range. I wouldn't expect anyone to look that up (thats my job), but if you're going to reference it, please don't also attach a baseless estimate. To answer an earlier post, the adjusters value exceeded blue book by a decent margin. I'll post a value when we settle out.

And also, I'm not hunting for your interpretation or knowledge of my insurance policy. I'm just looking for what people "in the know" would value it at. Thanks for all of your help, and please take 1 lesson from my experience:

1.) Install a kill switch!

Back