Tci outlaw button question

Got mine done this morning. Found some latching switches on ebay. I got the TCI shifter without any buttons. I put er in the mill and added the front switches. It was a tight fit but got em to work. Now I got the stock momentary button on the side for nitrous, and the latching switches for lock up and OD on the front. So I dont need those relays anymore.

Bottom button is latched in this pic.

DSCN0143_zps8mfccgt4.jpg

Looks good,So I'm assuming there's already a hole in the middle of the shifter running vertical for the wires to run through?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Did the radio shack buttons thread into the two button handle ok?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yep. The rs button flange is a little bigger od so it doesn't thread all the way in like the stock momentary did but it's not really noticable at all unless you reeeeeally look.

The handle has a slot on both sides. The locking lever slide is in one and the wires run down the other slot on the other side

Thank you sir. I'm wanting to do the exact same configuration you did on a tci black edition.

Also wondering do you find that it is too many buttons to close together while shifting and switching buttons ? like to much going on all in one area or not bad ?

Has not been on the truck yet so no actual experience with it.

I wanted the buttons all together because not having them on the handle makes it a lot harder to race, since you have to be moving your arm all over flipping switches. Having them together is actually less going on.

Yeah I agree should be less going on just seems like the two front buttons would be a little tough to use especially if you were to get a reverse pattern shifter which is all I'm seeing with the two buttons.

Whoa, might be swapping to those switches...hmmm
I think it would be very beneficial to have both on the handle, speaking from experience its kind of annoying reaching for overdrive on the bezel.

Got mine done this morning. Found some latching switches on ebay. I got the TCI shifter without any buttons. I put er in the mill and added the front switches. It was a tight fit but got em to work. Now I got the stock momentary button on the side for nitrous, and the latching switches for lock up and OD on the front. So I dont need those relays anymore.

Bottom button is latched in this pic.

DSCN0143_zps8mfccgt4.jpg

That looks like it came that way. Very nice

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAC-Universa...4c41ec&vxp=mtr

I'm using one of these, 12V in/out, but the output for the latching function is 12+, so I added a relay to get the output to 12- (i.e. grounding the circuit)

--from an old post of mine, have one each for TC and OD. I've been running this setup with the 2-button TCI shifter for a little over 2yrs now....Here's my thoughts:
- the circuit flutters on/off sometimes when hitting the buttons
- the front mounted buttons definitely are a handful to get use to since the buttons are momentary

Back