tcm/ecm relearn after converter?

12vriviera

That Guy with that car
Going to be doing a torque converter in a friends 07.5 dodge. He is starting to push through the stocker when towing, and it us getting warm..
He has deletes and a programmer on it. This will be a lower stall billet triple disc..
Will i have to relearn the computer after the install?
If so, what do i need to do so?

From what i have read on install instructions from various companies it has me scared now...

I wouldn't bother doing a relearn unless you are replacing clutches or vb. But if you have the ability to doing a relearn for free then it wouldn't hurt. I do a relearn on my built 68 every six months just cause I am not a fan of the adaptive learning.

I don't know, don't know what tuner he has even. I will be getting the truck Wednesday, and have it for a week.. Wanted to make sure if i needed to find someone with a scan tool before this thing kicks off.

As an update on this. The lower stall converter helps a ton with driveability!
The issue i have seen is the lockup is not working properly.
I made sure all seals were in place before I installed.
I had the transmission unplugged, but did not pull battery cables.
I am thinking it needs this done to get computer learning again.
Shifts and driveability have come around greatly since first installed, just no lockup (that i can tell) therefore the exhaust brake doesnt work the greatest. or at all.

He is going to get it reset and checked. just wanted other options.. Converter needing warranty replacement maybe?

Back