tdi jetta stink.

Knoberman

swapping
My wife has a 12 jetta and at various times you can really smell exhaust, I assume its exhaust. dealer claims to not notice it at all. Seems to be a low rpm problem, often when first leaving home, parking lot, stop, etc. anyone have any ideas?

check exhaust for leaks? maybe extend tail pipe beyond under bumper, fumes might just be rising up and into cab........

interesting, maybe we'll find out next week. going to visit the dealer. before they we're no help though.

Idk, is there a way to tell on these? Took it to stl today and often noticed when leaving a stop light.

I was gonna say the regen... Owners have complained about a burning smell in some TDIs while they are regenerating the DPF.

When I took our '12 in for the 10k service, they told me it was regen taking place with the burning smell.

Yep, regen. Smells kinda like chlorine? Mine does it all the time as well.

I'm at 25K miles and it hasn't gotten better, or worse. I'm betting in the next few weeks that smell will disappear though. ;)

Hers didn't do it to begin with, getting close to 30k and it stinks, except when it goes to the dealer, nothing ever wrong when it's at the dealer, should of left it there.

If my DPF falls off into the abyss it should solve this issue.

Back