Test drove an 08 6.4 today

Dalpilot

Joe Nobody!
Buddy works at the dealership, calls me and tells me to get my butt up there. First impressions, love the interior, hate the front end. The side vents are huge. OK, power felt like a stock 6.0, but it was quieter than my parents Lexus. The thing was a longbed dually, and turned on a dime, literally. The setup with the tailgate and the hood arrangement was awesome. ALso they had a PTO generator in the bed that they claim will power your entire house. Looks pretty sweet, drove nice, but pop the hood, and its going to be a MOFO to mod. Guys told me that you can't straight pipe it or change the exhaust because of all the sensors in the exhaust, and the air scrubbers. Said the truck literally won't run without the exhaust from the factory, even a straight pipe. Too bad, because did I mention that interior rocks!:kick:

thanks for sharing now I really know that i'm going to stay with my 6.0 for a few years

Dal called me and told me it was a black dually....but he refused to steal the tailgate for me.
And I thought we were tight. LOL

Dalpilot said:
Guys told me that you can't straight pipe it or change the exhaust because of all the sensors in the exhaust, and the air scrubbers. Said the truck literally won't run without the exhaust from the factory, even a straight pipe.

I'm sure someone will figure that out.:rockwoot:

What was the sticker on it?

UNBROKEN said:
he refused to steal the tailgate for me.
And I thought we were tight. LOL

now Rich, don't tell me you can't hop right in the back of your lowrider... I can probably step right up into it.... now mine, on the other hand... that tailgate is about chest height! :(

Dal, how did you like the little pop out handle in the tailgate? I thought that was a little much but guess it goes with the step dealio.

In regards to the exhaust issue, I'm sure they've been lectured and beat into the head about how it's so non-comforming to the aftmkt world, so naturally they're going to repeat it.... I'm betting it's not as big a deal as they want you to believe.

Last edited:
sredish said:
now Rich, don't tell me you can't hop right in the back of your lowrider... I can probably step right up into it.... now mine, on the other hand... that tailgate is about chest height! :(

Dal, how did you like the little pop out handle in the tailgate? I thought that was a little much but guess it goes with the step dealio.

In regards to the exhaust issue, I'm sure they've been lectured and beat into the head about how it's so non-comforming to the aftmkt world, so naturally they're going to repeat it.... I'm betting it's not as big a deal as they want you to believe.

I liked the tailgate, and the pole, of course first thing that popped into my head was "I will sooooo be changing that to a taller brass pole":ylsuper: LOL LOL

Danny: there was no sticker on it, it was only a Demo truck.

Richard: Its got handles on it, I knew you wouldn't want it. LOL

There were about 200 folks around looking at it, and it has a freaking bolt on one side to prevent theft. They thought of everything. I guarantee there will be one of those tailgates on my truck within a week of them being available, if they fit! That thing was sweet, and my 5 year old could lift it to close it.

Dalpilot said:
I liked the tailgate, and the pole, of course first thing that popped into my head was "I will sooooo be changing that to a taller brass pole":ylsuper: LOL LOL

:lolly:

Dalpilot,

Already working on sensor "foolers" time will tell!!

Mark @ DPPI

it has a step and handel to make it easier to get into
lol

check the SEMA pics thread in this section. i should have some up of it.

I wonder if some of those sensors can be turned off in the programming, like we do with the EGR, etc. on the 6.0L. Hmmmm...

Innovative said:
I wonder if some of those sensors can be turned off in the programming, like we do with the EGR, etc. on the 6.0L. Hmmmm...

from what i hear there are a few people already hard at work doing such.
and i think eric you are one of those.:evil so i will call you when the new ride is here.:ft:

Someone was test driving one next tome yesterday when I left work. My TDI is louder than that truck. But it was sweet. A Big white dually.

How do you tell when a redneck is driving a 08 ford??

He is driving around with the tailgate down, pole up with a rebel flag tied on it.

There is one at the national farm machinery show in lou, ky. The only thing worse than the miles of plumbing under the hood is the ford guys around the truck. One guy asked them where the twin turbos were at, and he said there were underneath where you couldnt see them. I leaned over the truck and pointed at each of them.
The pole looks nifty, but no where near farmer proof. I wonder if you can take the plastic tailgate cover off and have a real gate that you can dlise stuff on.
The truck is up for a drawing by the ky truck plant, and I bought 2 tickets so if I won, I could trade it for a 5.9 mega cab. I bet i could piss them off showing up with my 93 and a trailer to haul it home.

I saw a dually at Hooters yesterday and it was sharp. The polished wheels looked stock though big if that makes any sense.

20's on a Dually from the factory maybe?

Back