Test drove an 08 6.4 today

TooMuchBoost said:
I saw a dually at Hooters yesterday and it was sharp. The polished wheels looked stock though big if that makes any sense.

20's on a Dually from the factory maybe?

19.5's they look sharp. Test drove a Dark Blue with black leather interior, looks like my dads Harley but 6 grand less. It also had a painted grill, dark shadow grey bumpers and fender flares. looked real sharp. :rockwoot: :bow:

SAK said:
19.5's they look sharp. Test drove a Dark Blue with black leather interior, looks like my dads Harley but 6 grand less. It also had a painted grill, dark shadow grey bumpers and fender flares. looked real sharp. :rockwoot: :bow:

Thanks, that makes sense.

Between the wheels and the facelift that F-350 looked BIG in the right ways. I'm still not 100% sold on the grill/headlights but other than that it looks really good.

I've only seen one other 08 and that was going the other way on I-75.

junior said:
from what i hear there are a few people already hard at work doing such.
and i think eric you are one of those.:evil so i will call you when the new ride is here.:ft:

Until SCT has a base file, nobody is going to have anyting for the 6.4. As far as fooling the sensors, how are you doing it without a base file? I'm a realist.

DJ :evil

djdieseltech said:
Until SCT has a base file, nobody is going to have anyting for the 6.4. As far as fooling the sensors, how are you doing it without a base file? I'm a realist.

DJ :evil

DJ-What have you heard about the encrypted ECM? Is it wishful thinking or something to seriously work around?

TooMuchBoost said:
DJ-What have you heard about the encrypted ECM? Is it wishful thinking or something to seriously work around?

i wish i had 1.0 mill in the bank .

dj.

heres one i saw at the dealer yesterday
Warm_Weather_in_Feb_0141.jpg

Warm_Weather_in_Feb_0131.jpg

Warm_Weather_in_Feb_019.jpg

i know! not at least on the 450 i saw, they had a KR F-250 CC SB 4x4 and it had one, but i cant remember what was on it. maybe 48k?

Man, the 19.5's from the factory really give the dually a nice stance and a serious look IMHO.

I'm think I'm going to test drive one in the next week just for the helluva it.

Last edited:
I went out to lunch with my Ford salesman and drove a $53K (no power roof either) :eek: :eek: 08 250 Lariat CC 4x.

The new interior design is nice but there's almost too much plastic and my salesman felt the same way. The back doors have nice pockets now but there still isn't room for BOOM behind the backseat.

When you pop the hood the grill now goes up with the hood but I counted 6 coolers between the radiator, condenser, trans cooler, air bag cooler, stereo cooler...

The motor is a lot quieter and it seemed from my old 6 liter days that it was more responsive from a dead stop. We weren't out of sight from the dealer when I said, "This thing needs a 150HP box BAD."

He replied with, "Is that all you think about is how fast you can go?" LOL

It definitely rode very nice, turned very well in parking lots considering and was quieter.

This one didn't have the tailgate step but it did have the foldable cargo net which he warned me ahead of time it's borderline cheesy looking. It reminded me of the rugrat gate on my stairs in my basement that keeps the muts off the steps.

Overall if they have the motor right this time and it can achieve good MPG's I would buy one. Only time will tell though.

As left I told to him call me when they are $10K off and have 0% for 60mo. :hehe:

Last edited:
Back