Tested the 6.7L a little last night.

4x4dually

Got a swingin' hot deal on 9000' of 3/4 and 7/8 sucker rod and 10 joints of 2 3/8 pipe. Couldn't afford not to buy it. It was the first true test for this truck since I bought it.

Getting moving was pretty sluggish from a stop. I had to stop on a slight hill and it almost didn't get moving. I was impressed once I was up to speed with the cruise set on 69 mph. I had it locked in 5th or under and it never missed a beat on cruise. Very comfortable and smooth. The ass end of the truck didn't squat too much either. Looks pretty good in the pic.

The exhaust brake is an absolute must. You could dayum sure tell when you got down to 25 mph and it shut off. Kinda scary actually. Very happy I got one with the auto.

Looks like a baby load in this pic.

IMG_6345cropped.jpg

Aaaand now you can see how much there was. LOL

IMG_6347.jpg

Stopped by the scales at the COOP in Marshall. Holy crap. :)

moto_0537.jpg

So you had about 16-17k of pipe. Not bad. Doesn't look like it would add up that much. I like the truck though. Wish I had one with a six speed though.

you need a tune on that thing bad

hollar at me if you need a hollow DPF... they make excellent decorative planters and door stops :D

With the butt head trooper that is running hwy 51 right now....when the deletes go on I think I'd better do the hollow stuff so it looks factory. Anything with a stack lately he is stopping tellin them that stacks are "illegal." They can't be if the emmisions aren't altered IMO.

Truck weighs almost exakary #8000. Truck and trailer are #15,540. Payload was around #17,680. :D Good eye.

Last edited:
I can't believe you are making that nice truck breathe it's own exhaust still. You need to uncork the poor thing and let it really pull.

I can't believe you are making that nice truck breathe it's own exhaust still. You need to uncork the poor thing and let it really pull.

Hell I know it. :(

With cruise set....listening to the exhaust sound....it would make a different noise about every 10 seconds. The sound would last for about 2-3 seconds. The e-brake wasn't on, but that is what it sounded like. Is that the EGR or what?

With the butt head trooper that is running hwy 51 right now....when the deletes go on I think I'd better do the hollow stuff so it looks factory. Anything with a stack lately he is stopping tellin them that stacks are "illegal." They can't be if the emmisions aren't altered IMO.

Truck weighs almost exakary #8000. Truck and trailer are #15,540. Payload was around #17,680. :D Good eye.

Screw that trooper and his illegal flags he's waving.

Did you use tow/haul mode with the EB? I figured that out with my brothers truck the other day and wow! Works way better haha.

Sent from a broken iPhone

My 05 weighs 8120 full of fuel otherwise bare naked. Mine is all stock except the afe exhaust with muffler installed and a manual Trans hauling 20k+ gross I average right at 10mpg. I do have 4.10 gears though.

The e-brake works way better in Tow/Haul. It will start down shifting if you just push the brake pedal enough to let it know you want to stop. I actually hit 3000 on a downshift once. I need to hurry up and get all my gauges on so I can see what the back pressure is at 3000 rpm with 33K pushing. LOL I might not want to know.

I averaged 10.6 mpg..overhead, not hand calc'd. I do not have 4:10. Screw that.

you can unplug the EGR solenoid and all it will do is set a DTC

Is that what the noise is? If I build a dummy load to make it think it is plugged into the solenoid and actually moving it, will it still trip a DTC? What about just taking the cables off so it moves but doesn't move the flipper deally? Does that work? Until I can buy a programmer....I gotta redneck it. :D

The e-brake works way better in Tow/Haul. It will start down shifting if you just push the brake pedal enough to let it know you want to stop. I actually hit 3000 on a downshift once. I need to hurry up and get all my gauges on so I can see what the back pressure is at 3000 rpm with 33K pushing. LOL I might not want to know.

I averaged 10.6 mpg..overhead, not hand calc'd. I do not have 4:10. Screw that.

And once you get some noisy pipe things, it sounds SO COOL with the downshift and e-brake. I like our 08 with the G56 better in the cool noises part though. Haha

I don't want to stright pipe it. I want it quiet like stock...with stacks...but hear the whistle like those gay fords do. :hehe:

Yeah I don't like mine either but I bought it used so I have to deal with it. I've seen 9mpg towing the pulling truck loaded with gear and buddies weighing 26k running 80mph. That was the overhead as I didn't want to do the hand calc as I wouldn't have been happy. Everyday driving is 14-15 hand calc. I would like to try a smarty but them I would need a clutch and then a turbo and then well you see where I'm going with this. Lol

I just figured it up. If I dump the load at the recycler as is, I'd lose $250. If I cut them all up into 3 ft pieces, I'd make $500. :hehe:

Anyone bored?

I just figured it up. If I dump the load at the recycler as is, I'd lose $250. If I cut them all up into 3 ft pieces, I'd make $500. :hehe:

Anyone bored?

I'm terribly bored. Studying for this CDL test.... Not fun.

Id just do the egr delete and let it throw a dtc if you don't want to tune it. It's not going to run worse. It'll get a bit better milage and better peace of mind. And you can leave the actuators plugged in but I bet they will still trigger a DTC.

Also these 6.7's arnt very loud once straight piped or with a Stairght thru muffler. Very reserved. Nothing like a 5.9. At idle you most likely couldn't tell the differance.

Id just do the egr delete and let it throw a dtc if you don't want to tune it. It's not going to run worse. It'll get a bit better milage and better peace of mind. And you can leave the actuators plugged in but I bet they will still trigger a DTC.

Also these 6.7's arnt very loud once straight piped or with a Stairght thru muffler. Very reserved. Nothing like a 5.9. At idle you most likely couldn't tell the differance.

They're louder at throttle than the 5.9. And they are pretty noisy at idle straight piped. We have 2. Not quiet by any means, especially from stock. But at least it sounds like there's a diesel motor under the hood. Not as deep as the 5.9's and not near as much exhaust drone.

Get EFILive for that thing and disable the EGR before you soot her all up!

Tobin

Back