Texas Pullers- TTTPA Rules????

JDGnut

Guys the TTTPA is wanting to put in a class for the Diesel trucks.. they have a set of rules listed on their web site.. but they are asking for opinions on changing the rules... I've talked to a few, and need more opinions. This would be a pay out class.. and they would still pull the street trucks after everyone else, if that's what the promoter wants.. but they need a class that is going to put on a show.. and know the different between the Daily Drivers.. and the pulling trucks.. And need to know that there be enough trucks to make the class that is set..

The rules that are listed on their site now are basically the old DHRA 2.8 rules.. except no hanging weights... I'd really like to see the NADM Super Street class, ( http://www.runnadm.com/sledpulling.php ) but I don't think there are enough trucks to really make that class... at least not yet..

But thinking the NADM 2.8 rules would be a better start.. at least for this year???

2.8 Street Diesel: 8000lbs, Single turbo, 2.8 inch maximum inducer bore, turbocharger bushings permitted, water injection prohibited, bolt in, removable solid rear suspension bars permitted, receiver style hitch required, drive shaft u-joint shields required, hanging weights permitted.-From the NADM site.

Guys they really want to get this class started, and they would like to make a change in the rules before the pull in Priddy,TX the first part of April.. but we need a set of rules to get started... Our truck doesn't fit the rules.. but if there's going to be pay out.. it gives some incentive to change...
Opinions on what you would like to have for a class...
Thanks,
Bryan

I'm a player depending on what the rules are. I would perfer a lower class than a 2.8 or 3.0. I'm currently work stock, but after the next pull or two, I will be upgrading the turbo to a 2.5 or 2.6

I think there does need to be a set class just for the TTTPA. Something that will be a points standing and then a pay out at each event just like they do with the gas trucks.

It needs to be more than just a street diesel class.

The rules you stated above sound good other than for the single charger. However i am planning on running a S400 or maybe a K31 as a single on the red monster this year.

I think that since there are not many trucks that are going too be up around bucks, yours, nicks, cody G, and who evers level the class should just be run what you brung. Single or twins, driveline loops, hanging weights, water injection, bolt in, removable solid rear suspension bars permitted, receiver style hitch required, drive shaft u-joint shields required, NOS. I really think that it would be a lot more entertaining for the fans.

That way there wont be any questions as to what someone is running. Make it an open TTTPA class.

U got to admit its a lot more fun watching a truck like bucks or nicks or who evers pull rather than sitting there watching a bunch of street trucks pull.

Then a have class for the street trucks and really limit them and if they dont fit in that class put them in the open class.

Justin, on the DTR they have posted the rules they are planning on using.. They are looking at going with a 2.6 class. I talk to the David with the TTTPA tonight, about the class limits... He thought that with some support they could keep it at 2.8, but something would need to be done this week, and to contact them, and let them know their opinions.. Once the rules are posted on the tttpa.com site, they will stand for 1yr.
I really do not think they can support another diesel truck class this year, at least not with payout.. (maybe a few events?? Need to talk to him, again.)
I'm almost at the point of just let them run the 2.6 class, and they create an open diesel, or something along those lines, but like I said, that probably would not happen this year.. I just think with the 2.6 class, it will be full of street trucks. (nothing wrong with that, but there are some good trucks beyond that point. I had forgotten about Nicks truck, there is also another truck in that area, being rebuilt.)
I think if we could get some of the guys together that own those trucks, and choose a few events to attend, we could make our own class. But everyone needs together.
I like your rules.. (Except the NOS.. )

Buck is running a K31... I guess you can put a bushing in the K31 and run it in the 2.6 class... What did you do with the 400 that was on the green truck?? Red truck??? And empty our PM box.. haha..
Bryan

ya 2.6 is the class...I run a k31 and a silver bullett, the 31 will get a bushing. So get your trucks built boys and let get to pullin...looks like the comp. will be me,Lynn,Justin?,Cody(white 1st gen),my buddy lenny?,Wes,cody(blue 1st gen) and who else wants to step up????that's eight, should be quite the competition....

I don't think I'm going to get Cody (White 1st gen) to go to a 2.6 charger.. He really didn't want to go to a 2.8... We'll see what happens, but it won't be anytime soon.. Already headed another direction.. probably continue that way..
I guess I can name a hand full that are over that, and might not go down..
I haven't seen or heard from Nick since Houston.. I think he's a hair over 2.6..:hehe:

I think there will be lots of street trucks in the class.. If there is payout, and they can get the saftey requirements on their trucks they are going to pulling in the payout class.. (who wouldn't.) I was really surprised at how close the trucks were.. I think on a tighter track there would have been a bigger spread, and the HP would have made a bigger differance.. It was a good showing for all of the trucks that did pull in that class.

They wanted a class that would always have 6-8 truck competing.. I think they will get those numbers.. Anything bigger might have scared a few from competing???

cody with the blue 1st gen is selling his truck. he is tired of chasing the rules around. I am getting aggrivated with the rules to there is no need in have two trucks in the same class i was wanting to get the red dually as bad as i can but guess now i will have to hold out i guess.

Yea.. I talked to him... Well, if he doesn't sell the truck, we can group together and try to make some events... If you are going to pull the brown truck.. build the red truck the way you want... Just don't break both trucks at the same time.. haha... 32ft is a tight fit for two trucks.. (or so I hear.. haha..)

Yea.. I talked to him... Well, if he doesn't sell the truck, we can group together and try to make some events... If you are going to pull the brown truck.. build the red truck the way you want... Just don't break both trucks at the same time.. haha... 32ft is a tight fit for two trucks.. (or so I hear.. haha..)

I am glad you said something about that i need to get somepics off my camcorder of that. Yeah i was going to buy a 40ft triple axle but figured i would have to buy another tuck to pull the other two when they break.

I really hope i have solved all the major issues with the gold one. Now the red truck is a different story.

Back