Thanks for all the helped with my electrical gremlin

jkretzer

MegaCrank
i wanted to publicly thank everyone that helped me over the past year while i have been chasing an electrical gremlin with my truck. I finally found it the issue and got it running and driving last night. More than a few people helped through PM's, phone calls and even a good friend came to my house and spent all day checking things. Finally narrowed it down to a very small bare spot in the wire coming off the AC comp. It caused my PCM to fry within seconds of turning the key on. gauge cluster was dead, alt woudnt charge, trans wouldnt shift. Disconnected the AC comp, put the underhood harness back on the truck and took it down the road last night. i plan on replacing the comp as soon as i get my lift up and it gets warmer here. Thanks to this site and all that helped.

Last edited:
I'm still gonna call that a bad ground. :hehe: I'm assuming it was grounding when it wasn't supposed to be grounding.

If only i had been paid for all the hrs i spent looking. I wouldnt have to work for the next yr. Got a better understanding of the system now but hopefully it never happens again

Back