"The 2.6 right now is 3.0 undercover."

Well, c'mon folks, let's put it in perspective...

These trucks have:
modded pistons
modded injectors
modded pumps (and lots of parts inside)
modded lines
modded cams
modded clutches
modded driveline
modded ....

and yet somehow there is a notion that the compressor and turbine would be / should be / could be "box stock"?

:umno:

Just sayin'.

I think this would be very reasonable. However, without the word NATIVE (on the wheel) or something else to keep the clipped wheel and crazy covers out, it is worthless. Remember the idea in the beginning was 2.6 wheels NOT 2.6 bores.

Not much flow difference between a clipped wheel and contoured wheel with a large exducer. And to control this you would have to measure both the inducer/exducer, which again is problematic. Having a 2.6" wheel protrude with a bore 2.6" in diameter the full length is the easiest and most reasonable restriction without removing the MWE groove or using a restrictor plate.

Slowly turning into Nascar.

Need them there restrictor plates can't be going to fast down them tracks pulling that there sled ya dig.

Limit it to S300's a spec built charger that all the shops will sell. Then it comes down to injectors cams and tuning.

Lets just ban the 2.6 class. That way the ones on top can move up to 2.8 where they belong and the whiners can pull workstock.

Problems solved.

A overall turbo size limit I am not talking bore or wheel but the Housing. It has to be a 2.6 2.8 3.0 but the Compresser housing can not be a max size.

This will keep huge 3.4's being bushed down to 2.6 and keep the parts alive also imo.

Really?!!

Please define exactly what a "2.6 wheel" is...or "native"...

Well, im not a turbo expert and obviously I do not know all the combinations in the world.:doh: Im just thinkin out-loud, So shoot me! Fine then, leave it alone and everybody can bring their A game to 2.6 in 2011.

Lets just ban the 2.6 class. That way the ones on top can move up to 2.8 where they belong and the whiners can pull workstock.

Problems solved.

Amen, cause as it stands right now, 2.6 is a spittin image of 2.8 with a cover instaed of a bushing. Whats the point of two mirror classes

If you not allowed to bush down from a larger charger and everyone buys a fancy cover to hide their larger charger why not just allow a bushing?

Well, im not a turbo expert and obviously I do not know all the combinations in the world.:doh: Im just thinkin out-loud, So shoot me! Fine then, leave it alone and everybody can bring their A game to 2.6 in 2011.

Well, if everyone had 92-93mm compressor exducers in mind, they should have said that...but the orgs didn't want to tech it, and some of the ya-hoo owners didn't know how to (i.e., didn't want to) pull their covers...:rolleyes:

...so here we are today.

Funniest part of this whole thing is, if you go search the ancient threads on this from several years ago, a couple of us knew what the rule wording would bring, and we said it was a bad direction, but the majority was like "Hey F-you, let's go pull!".

Now that I'm saying we should keep the damn rule, there's a pile of people saying "Hey F-you, we need to get this back in control!"

I guess I'm just Mr. F.U. LOL

Carry on...

I think talk of setting tire sizes different for duals vs. singles won't accomplish much except make it more confusing for teching. At the majority of pulls it seems the techs are doing good to check the turbo and hitch height. If you were going to limit tire size, limit it by overall height in inches instead of using metric tread width and sidewall ratios.

As far as turbo rules I'm not really sure what the best answer is. If the concern is to keep cost down, the best option would be to allow bushings. You will have far less money in a S475 or S480 with a 2.6 bushing than you would with an "off the shelf" 66mm turbo from a company such as Inustrial Injection of HTT.

If you want to keep the power down, I think protrusion is a step in the right direction, but that drives cost up. I think they should go something along the lines of "Turbocharger is limited to a 2.6 inducer bore. A 2.6 inch bore must be maintained for at least 3/4 of an inch. Compressor wheel must protrude into a 2.6 inducer bore for a minimum of 1/8 inch. MWE groove is allowed but must not exceed 1/4 inch in width. Additionally the MWE groove may not exist infront of the tips of compressor wheel."

I think protrusion is just an expensive half-measure that's not worth the time. Use of the right type of bushing / restrictor plate and specifying the location of the MWE groove would get us somewhere, with the only real expense going to those with highly modded covers.

If you not allowed to bush down from a larger charger and everyone buys a fancy cover to hide their larger charger why not just allow a bushing?

Were you there last year when Matt's bushing fell out of his charger half track? It looked like he hit a button, we all F'd with him. That was funny ****.

I think protrusion is just an expensive half-measure that's not worth the time. Use of the right type of bushing / restrictor plate and specifying the location of the MWE groove would get us somewhere, with the only real expense going to those with highly modded covers.

I don't see any major changes happening in any of the rules. I do think they could clear up some of the grey areas.

1 allow a secure bushing
2 no MWE modifications or no MWE at all
3 NO MWE in front of the wheel

I see the protrusion being the easiest to check, getting someone to check an MWE, yea right.

Back