The Big Nasty lives up to his name......963/1780 Fuel only Stock turbo and stock CP3

I said I think I was out of rpm. It was 124 every run. It's a 285/70/17 with 3.73 and standard TNT, not the -R. The mph never changed between just running smarty on 7 and running the tst and dr p with it, just had more traction issues.

Had a good night then today I think I lost an injector, it ran fine to the restaurant and when I cranked it to leave it had a miss and a pop out of the exhaust when it's in gear held against the brake. Only other thing I can think that would happen so suddenly would be valve seat.

Well bud that would explain the hazing problem you've been having lately. That sucks man.

Been busy with work so I haven't had the time to dig deeper into it but I'm leaning towards #2 exhaust seat. It had excessive lash (about 1/8-1/4") and the motor will hit an easy spot when you are cranking on it. All that and the pop out of the exhaust. I'll probably be getting in touch with you Zach if the head has to come off, I'm thinking of doing a little more to it.

Motor is ugly and truck looks like a stock black sport.

If the head comes off I'm going to be doing some polishing/cleaning so it looks a little better. I'd post pics but can't from my iPhone.

Well it's just like I thought. One of the #2 exhaust valves is a little over 2mm lower than the rest.....seat dropped. Guess it's time to pull the head. Maybe a new cam too, I've been told I need to try a new one. :D

Back