The Borg Warner S369SXE

Runaway_Diesel

RIPNDIP
I know a lot of people were asking me about this turbo when I originally posted about it in my build thread and I'm finally getting around to posting some results.

I've been running this turbo for a little over 3 weeks now at 20* of timing and still on my 5x.014s and its an absolute dream to drive.
Around town it is very clean with little to no smoke besides the little haze that happens at idle. Highways and interstates are great as well running very clean except for when I step into it and pass a vehicle. Very responsive with off idle spool up being around 1700 RPMs and I'm sitting right on top of the charger for it to light. The only time it gets really smoky is when I lug it purposely or I am to the flow playing around with it. I can be cruising 45 miles an hour in 4th gear and really mash it down and it will blow the rear tires off after about 3k RPMs. The only limiting factor right now is the .88 undivided turbine housing I am currently running. I solved that and ordered a 1.00 divided housing to throw onto it to try out with my 14s. If the turbine is too big for those injectors, I have a set of 5x.018s that I can throw in at my leisure.

All in all this is an awesome turbo with a nice bang for your buck factor. I don't know if anyone still cares about my results seeing as everyone and their brother has one of these turbos now, but I figured I would share anyways.

Glad to hear that it is working well for you. I'm dying to try one on my 6.0 but that is a little down the road for me.

Are you going to dyno it anytime soon?

Yes hopefully within the next few weeks whenever I'm not busy (Which is always) I'm going to try and get it up to Vagwerks' shop up in Martinsburg. They recently installed an in-ground dyno and it's relatively close to me. I'm hoping for somewhere around 575-600 out of the .88 housing/5x.014 combination although I think the 14s aren't enough fuel to reach that.

Honestly, yes I think this would be a very good towing charger as the FMW brings in lots of air without having to wait for it to spool up. With a .91 divided T4 housing it would be a perfect towing turbo.

SXE 369 going on my truck soon, very interested. If you go to the 5x.018s are you gonna keep the full cuts? Or go to something less?

SXE 369 going on my truck soon, very interested. If you go to the 5x.018s are you gonna keep the full cuts? Or go to something less?

I'll probably pick up a set of 7mm from power driven when I finally get around to ordering my AFC Live from them.

Also, if anyone has a used .91 divided housing for the 73/80 turbine wheel I'd be interested. If the 18/1.0 setup doesn't work out I want to run the divided housing.

The T4 .91 divided is a very good housing and has flowed great on the big end for me with compounds. Being mines a 6.7l I have to go bigger on the AR now since I'm throwing 135% injectors in the truck soon.

Spools ridiculously quick on my setup and I have no drive pressure issues with 60psi boost overall making 70+- Dp.

Well I picked up the 1.00 housing for a good price and I also got the 5x.018s for a steal because one of them wasn't firing correctly (I think it's just a spring inside) so I only have about 500 bucks in the combination.
I'm going to try and get a hold of a go pro this weekend and then I'll figure out how to upload videos onto here.

I sold and installed one on a 6.7 as a towing turbo with a 1.0 housing. The turbos are very nice and being a 6.7 spools like stock with much cooler EGT. I am very impressed with them.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

I sold and installed one on a 6.7 as a towing turbo with a 1.0 housing. The turbos are very nice and being a 6.7 spools like stock with much cooler EGT. I am very impressed with them.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

The EGT control imho with the 69 is amazing.

I used to be able to hit around 1800-2000 degrees with my 66/73/.88 with 5x.012s and that was seriously getting into it. Now with the 5x.014s and 69/73/.88 I haven't seen over 1200 degrees on a hard 4th gear run. I'm excited to see what other housing/injector combos can do for the truck.

Honestly, yes I think this would be a very good towing charger as the FMW brings in lots of air without having to wait for it to spool up. With a .91 divided T4 housing it would be a perfect towing turbo.

XSMXxlujFqvbSNcN6pgi7boY2wQncnFUnagYSXnbRfYrCKwbRkdBbN61r2B1MGYX2qgK-J1Hk6RK_YVRnklcAqvYitzAHH97khDnRRywFezsDSihynNTpc7-7JnQIn7_Vh6vx21EuvccuWHxmTl4U-KI0tKAmqnjFCBYnZF0ICA8cmhjQfhHfcbxJRp2SSX4GBkutxsZH8piPbwfAz5Vf590ZYZ9sUxTsOMKC00kefuZ-pgigJ0qY2h_JXYwU4wxh5lVg0hqZ_HAZrvD73d-hZJsShvT7uuGASA5yU_TYqNP32DNsH-Q_44ceZyo5AgfKfn7HaV55LEcZTdYIKxt0HCZT9wA51hTd6R7F6SYGkvxSrglVjvbcWORBK32ij9YC7HNuOtWHvmH6mgGVK11DbEyaiG4XyDiutelOp7XLYiETjOBsz3xbkYk1bgchqj36wWFh78ID9z4TKQ23_HbXx1CebjWS2MNesFnFQS-wZiYM6yse9PJCnrDKE2HcCt9c-jxqPOCQIt3Izw43swMBxE3sFuOCL_wa2iCbVbW6DsJ-8PH13AlnhsLK7ef-hLKS4wC=w1183-h887-no

I'd like to see you recommend anything even close to a 69mm charger if you towed like this with a 12v;) 6.7L or even a 5.9L CR is a whole different animal. The above load is a measly 38K across the scales.

Not all towing is the same guys, remember that when you say something would be the "perfect" towing charger. A lot of guys might take that the wrong way and be extremely unhappy!

FWIW,
Chris

Back