The build starts, 320 cdi with stand alone ecu, twin turbo

diesel2fast4u

teaser pics, all details of the build will be posted...

3.JPG

1.JPG

OM613.jpg

2.JPG

I am situated in Belgium Europe :)

This engine was offered in several cars here.
W210 W211 W220 W221...
It's the OM613 with inductive bosch injectors

What part of Belgium?

Where the engine will be installed?

looks good, I bet a ton of folks will be interested in hearing more about the ecu. Headers are looking good, turbo at the end of each one?

looks good, I bet a ton of folks will be interested in hearing more about the ecu. Headers are looking good, turbo at the end of each one?

The ecu is the product of some people getting together. It's a piece of art, if people want details pm me your email.

Yes a turbo at each end, design is done, stainless steel came in today, thursday welding starts

Schermafbeelding%2525202011-12-26%252520om%25252023.32.52.png

Sweet project, guys love this stuff here. I have particular interest in the ecu. I've been running a ecu from NIRA out of Sweden and its been great.

Did you give any thought to turbo compounding?

Sweet project, guys love this stuff here. I have particular interest in the ecu. I've been running a ecu from NIRA out of Sweden and its been great.

Did you give any thought to turbo compounding?

Yeah we did, but these more fragile diesels don't like back pressure so we had a little problem finding compressor maps that should do...

So, we decided to go for the VGT turbo's and if spoolup isn't fast enough we ad an eaton supercharger :woohoo:

This looks interesting. Have an idea of what these will put out power wise? And what kind of propulsion are these going to be coupled to?

After you get the headers welded up, are you going to cut the flanges for heat warp?

Yeah we did, but these more fragile diesels don't like back pressure so we had a little problem finding compressor maps that should do...

So, we decided to go for the VGT turbo's and if spoolup isn't fast enough we ad an eaton supercharger :woohoo:

More fragile as compared to gas motors?

I like your thinking!

This looks interesting. Have an idea of what these will put out power wise? And what kind of propulsion are these going to be coupled to?

I'm pretty curious as well, I'd love to see a dyno graph when/if there are any.

Back