The new block is in and....

Gotti2k7

Helping Global Warming
Well i got the swap done today. I took a 97 with 110000 miles on it and swapped all my stuff on it. I left the heads on. Got it in, and together today. Tonight i fired it up and. It was running very very rough. Which i expected for a little while. But after 15 mins. at idle. It still didnt clear up. I shut it down looked over it for leaks and started it back up. Ran smooth as ever. Im thinking this is the CPS either not shimmed correctly for the new cam thats on there or its finally going bad. It takes a good 4 or 5 seconds of cranking to finally start too. Have no clue what that could be. Now when it first starts up its got a scratching sound, then it goes away. Sounds as if its comming from the flexplate area. Any suggestions? And to top it all of. I dont think i got the new rear main seal in correctly, :bang cause theres a good dripping of oil while its running. Could the scratching sound be that seal not in correctly? Any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance too.

Back