The NX Dragster is under new management

i used 400 over glide for strength.more counter weight on clutch less base foot on floor and hang on.

i used 400 over glide for strength.more counter weight on clutch less base foot on floor and hang on.

im at 138 grams on counter and 2 turns of base as is any less counter and it slips, the higher i try to leave the more aggressive the counter weight comes in ...

The audi and pug diesel 's in non- lemans trim make about 350 more hp and turn up to 8000RPM.

The lemans race makes all competitors run CI based restrictor plates of all including diesel vehicles for competition. That plate makes for a more reliable race and keeps all engine close in power--fair!

Got some examples of those engines turning 8K, as far as I've read the concept cars spun no higher, and Hp wise were in the same ballpark.....650-700. So were talking 1K here then? Didn't think either got past concept, rather there were none out there for custom tuners to fool with.

Well i may have said that before but for some reason, my engine rally makes very little TQ so pulling thrue peak TQ makes no difference to me or the truck.

i did not lighten much rotating weight, but i did however lighten a ton of recipricating weight! So my launch is unaffected by the weight as thought.

i have launched from 3200 to 5500 and not got much to show for it, because i could not build boost on a free rev. That is untill johnboy did some launch tune changes and made the engine build some boost on the 2-step limiter. in the shop i saw as high as 11 psi, at the track everything changed (heatsoak) ect and i never saw more than 8 psi @ 4100 launch.

The data logs show that after i launch @ 4100 the engine gets pulled down to 2000 and then by the time it gets back to 4100 RPM about 7 tenths has gone by and the truck go's after that just fine , but that bog is killing my whole run, because i cant build good boost.

Rpm recovery, boost recovery,peak boost, tire speed, weight transfer all affect the ET greatly.

only thing i have been able to do to go faster this year with these issue's is chassis adjustments and ratio changes. That alone took almost 3 seconds off in the 1/8th! I feel that even with the bog, i got another tenth, maybe 1.5 tenths i can drop in the 60Ft with some simple changes, but with winter here i'll have to wait, or travel south.....

Thinking the fuel rate maximum rate of change is all that needed to be tweeked. Would be something in the order of %/over time. The fuel rate just isn't changing fast enough. This would show in your case the worst as you are going from almost 0 load to full load so fast.

Will your logs show rail pressure/injector pulse width/boost/rpm through launch? I'd bet a bag of marbles pulse width and rail isn't responding fast enough. Would stand out on the curve for sure.

Sounds like the clutch wasn't up to the task as it was however. Pretty much have to burn through it until you ratio up.

Got some examples of those engines turning 8K, as far as I've read the concept cars spun no higher, and Hp wise were in the same ballpark.....650-700. So were talking 1K here then? Didn't think either got past concept, rather there were none out there for custom tuners to fool with.

Thinking the fuel rate maximum rate of change is all that needed to be tweeked. Would be something in the order of %/over time. The fuel rate just isn't changing fast enough. This would show in your case the worst as you are going from almost 0 load to full load so fast.

Will your logs show rail pressure/injector pulse width/boost/rpm through launch? I'd bet a bag of marbles pulse width and rail isn't responding fast enough. Would stand out on the curve for sure.

Sounds like the clutch wasn't up to the task as it was however. Pretty much have to burn through it until you ratio up.

There are a few things online about it, restrictor plates, and RPM .ECT also on TDIclub.
one of there race engineers gets on there and talked about the whole race program.

My data logger records all but pulse width and timing. My efi has the capability,but i have not sent johnboy the stuff to enable it yet. that reminds me...

Last edited:
Hero

Just because I like Johnboy(I don't you) i'll tell you something that will help. Remamber the mass air thing?? Get rid of it. You lose air speed when you let out on the clutch and rpm drop. Guess what that does to your fuel? If he needs help tell him to call, He has my number. You also need to ADD!! weight to the flywheel. I know it goes against you mult years of engine building and championships but you need wieght. Id like to see your truck run good, it's just a shame your such a tool. Jeff

Nitrous

I just thought I would add about the mass air meter being this was a nitrous tread to start with. I found strange things happen when you add nitrous(depends on injection points) to the numbers the computer see's from the mass air meter and what it does to the fueling. There are certain times the old 12v fueling is good. Same thing happens on the dyno with the short burst. Just some food for thought. Jeff

Just because I like Johnboy(I don't you) i'll tell you something that will help. Remamber the mass air thing?? Get rid of it. You lose air speed when you let out on the clutch and rpm drop. Guess what that does to your fuel? If he needs help tell him to call, He has my number. You also need to ADD!! weight to the flywheel. I know it goes against you mult years of engine building and championships but you need wieght. Id like to see your truck run good, it's just a shame your such a tool. Jeff

The mass air is connected but out side of the engine, not in the air steam, just sitting there....it does nothing that im aware of.

The flywheel weight has been added before we started, it's 20 lbs now. Rotating weight is no problem for me...

I just thought I would add about the mass air meter being this was a nitrous tread to start with. I found strange things happen when you add nitrous(depends on injection points) to the numbers the computer see's from the mass air meter and what it does to the fueling. There are certain times the old 12v fueling is good. Same thing happens on the dyno with the short burst. Just some food for thought. Jeff

My nitrous injection points are as close to the turbo as i can get, but again that has nothing to do with the bog, once the nitrous comes on and we recover from the bog , the truck is gone

Last edited:
cfef3c330833.gif

Death row what a brother knows
Once again, back is the incredible
The rhyme animal
The incredible D. Public Enemy number one!

Back