THE OFFICIAL "FUEL ONLY 1000HP VP44" Gambling thread

VP44....1000HP ..... Fuel only

• Are you delusional?

Votes: 48 19.2%
  • I believe it! I know a guy who has a friend that is very close!

Votes: 45 18.0%
  • Wouldnt it be easier to make 1000HP with a 7.3 and HEUI?

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • I dont care.... just here to watch the trainwreck.

Votes: 132 52.8%

• Total voters
I have to laugh 'cause I'm sure it will be a pump built in some guys little shop rather than by any "big" name companies.

Bingo.... How do you think all the other high HP stuff got started? I have watched these threads for a long time. Everyone doubts... Who would have thought we would see 2k hp? Who would have though 2.6 motors would have roller cam setups that the darn techs have no clue about? Who would have thought HX82 with 4.5in G-trim wheels and inducers would ever be run on a 390ci truck WITH another 3.5in inducer in fornt of it? For that matter, who would have thought we would have an african american president? (no racial slander intended, just a true fact). Heck, 200 yrs ago everyone believed the world was flat! Alot of things happen that aren't planned or deemed impossible or not true. Its always just a matter of time......

Without a wire tap, a vp44 puts out around 500 hp so we're basically looking to double the output of the pump? Not going to happen. The wire tap is in my mind a pump mod =P

Are there any higher displacement engines running a vp44?

I am hurriedly machining out the connection plate to run dual VP44's, should be as legal as dual CP3's........ now where is that grass skirt.

I haven't increased displacment yet and sadly as soon as I do the P pump is going on. Could run the vp initially just to see what happens.

who ever hits 1000hp on a vp pump. will need to open a shop if they dont have one.. there will be alot of people wanting theres done. and is this a 1000hp daily driver.. and hold together.. or just put up 1000 on dyno. rite before it pops like a bad tire.. lol

I am hurriedly machining out the connection plate to run dual VP44's, should be as legal as dual CP3's........ now where is that grass skirt.

Thats a good point. Have any CR's made 1000hp with a single CP3 on fuel only? Cause that would be apples to apples...

Last edited:
what about that guy with dual VP44 pumps? or am I just dumb?

I bet a VP can make 1000 with proper MONEY investment lol

what about that guy with dual VP44 pumps? or am I just dumb?

I bet a VP can make 1000 with proper MONEY investment lol

Money talks. Don't care who you are. I've seen it in my line of work many many times. The deepest pockets always win. You just got to find them.

My main question is what if someone does some day? Anything is possible. We have seen 2k hp out of these trucks when people said it wasn't possible (yea don't argue it ur gonna loose). You either got to be really smart or have deep pockets. There are a bunch of those people in this world. People to dumb for their own money and others willing to take that money and prove it. My question is: If it ever does happen what will all the poeple who say "its impossible" do? Tim stepped up. Now I ain't saying I want to see that picture.... ever.... in the next or next or next life. But what if it actually does happen. There is alot of money and alot of smart people in this world. It only takes one or combination of the two to make it happen.... Would you accept it? Or would u argue it till the day you die?

I remember back when alot of improtant people in the business said a VP-44 will never make more than 384 horsepower. Then Larry Crawford laid down 535 at Scheids in front of a crowd. Alot of crow was eaten that day.

itll happen within the year i think, i hope, i feel like people said the same with p-pump's itll never happen and it has, same kind of thing as drag racing at the start "no one will run 10's, then it was 9's then 8's and 7's" and so on it all has been said it cant happen it wont and **** keeps happening

Any suggestions on how to mate the fuel dischare tubes from 2 VP44s? My only solution at this point is to TIG weld some stainless lines together.

Also, does anyone have flowrates for the HRVP and the Monster? Do they have increased pressure over the stocker?

Would modified internals in the VP be legal for competition? It would be hard to tech thats for sure.

Any suggestions on how to mate the fuel dischare tubes from 2 VP44s? My only solution at this point is to TIG weld some stainless lines together.

I would use some type of "T" fitting right at the line/pump connection of the stock pump with check valves to prevent bad timing harmonics/feedback to either pump.
Could a VP be mounted in the power steering pumps place? same size gear/rotation?:poke:

Back