Think I found Me a Tractor now I need Parts

tyler486

I am starting to look for parts for a pulling tractor, and need to find:
All Parts for a IH 1466

A Pump

3LM Center Section Turbo with 2.4 Intake with casting# 693613 and 241 Exhaust Housing

Intercooler and Ice Box

I am new to the tractor pulling world and I am looking to compete in a local class
and these are the requirements. Thanks For your time

Tyler 540-280-6303

Check pulloff.com, parts for 66 series IH tractors are all over their classified ads. You sticking with the 436 or going to a 466?

What are the engine rules? Here the farm class, it must be "stock appearing"... We compete against a 540 cubed 1066 with our 466ci truck motor, both have rotary pumps. The 540ci tractor will get us by a couple of feet, we're about even this year, 50/50 split on firsts and seconds. My buddy bought his pump on pulloff for like $1700, and we're one of the guys to beat...

You'll probably need gears. Call these guys for a T/A, clutch and gears, they are very good and know their stuff, and it's all made in the USA http://www.allied-precision.com/

Heres the class rules for engine

•466 Cubic inch, limited with a 2 percent allowance (which means a max of 475 cu in) ** Unless it comes from a factory with more cubic inches, then must run factory pump and charger and factory RPM
•One (1) turbo that has a 3LM center section with a 2.4 intake with cast # 693613 and a 241 exhaust housing
•No slots, plugs or reducers allowed on or in turbo charger
•Intake hose must be easily removable so that charger can be checked
•Exhaust must be at least 18" above the hood and have two 3/8 bolts in the pipe forming a cross. This is to prevent parts from exiting the pipe.
•Injection fuel pump no larger than an "A" pump. Diesel fuel only. No accelerants such as propane or alcohol mixtures.
•No water injection or water injection parts allowed on tractor
•Tractor must have a steel flywheel or have a safety blanket or 3/8 inch x 6inch 360 degrees around the flywheel area of tractor
•Intercoolers allowed
•Electric fans only. No belt driven fans allow

Is this pretty much a farm stock class? I think with those rules, you would finish towards the bottom of our farm stock pulls. Our turbo on the 1066 is a 3x3...

Is this pretty much a farm stock class? I think with those rules, you would finish towards the bottom of our farm stock pulls. Our turbo on the 1066 is a 3x3...

This is the biggest problem with pulling... Rules are all over the place!

well guys these are the rules in the class here in virginia, they are what they are. I am just looking for parts!

Just got mine done lase year , runs like a beast - no turbo though , but i have to pull agianest them in my class

Attachments

• MOLINE-ROSE ORCHID.jpg
    MOLINE-ROSE ORCHID.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 0
Do any of you all know how much head work is done and what this will cost. Like I said I am knew to all this

No Water injection, but allowed intercoolers? wtf.
And specific casting numbers on the intake and exhaust? that's kinda jacked up.
Sounds like they are trying to make it nascar, everything running the same thing.

Back