Thinking about racing at truck fest with just sleeves. bad idea??

Do I need spring clamps with HD ladder bars? (my ladder bars are overkill as is) Also is a center link brace worth installing, ill be leaving at 10lbs or less and I will have the kryptonite sleeves and braces, dropping the front end too. Im spending a few grand between the trans/lift pump/front end in the next week or so so anything I don't need right now ill do later.

Didnt realize you already had bars. Didnt see it in your sig. Sorry bout that.

Got everything on the truck the night before, airdog was a PITA bc they sent me the wrong duramax kit.. luckily I was in Va and after a few parts runs we had it right, fixed my defueling issue! Turns out I had leveling keys so couldnt drop the front end.. if anyone wants leveling keys im looking to trade or buy some stock purple keys. Rudys was a blast even though it rained and shut down pro street, got to do a nice little burnout for the crowd though.

I watched a race last night at Redline that I still don't understand and have No idea how he didn't wreck. It was a new Chevy 2500 4x4 with at least 10" of lift and prob. 37"+ big aggressive mud tires. It appeared to make decant power at launch the front end shook hard and the front tires were moving around like crazy, by the 60' mark the front end broke and both front tires folded in to full lock. He didn't even notice it and continued to entire pass that way. He crossed the stripe [1/8] at like a 8.3x at maybe 80 something mph, I fiqured when he lifted off the throttle and the load came off the front end that the tires would flop around and cause him to wreck bad, but it didn't. It slowed down hard and he kept it off the wall. I have no idea how he didn't know what was going on, white smoke was pouring off the tires the whole way down the track...........idiot. Lucky idiot at that.

Back