Thinking of going back down...

03powerstroke35 said:
Im still looking for a kit to take it past the stock hieght, But either way i will have lots of stuff up for sale, ie tires&wheels lift, ect send me a pm if you want any thing (i will be taking the lift off in sept)

Lower rate stock springs are the way to go.
Get some used 4800# springs up front from someone who put a lift on(maybe a tad lighter) and you really can't go much lower while keeping your truck a 4x4 with the stock axle.

If you want lower than that....personally, I'd just buy a 4x2 truck, sell yours, and link the rear suspension of the 4x2 and set it up to grab and keep the rear planted for good launching ability........

I still have all my stock springs, i dont want to go but a few inches below stock hieght, i would like to run a 305/45r22, and have it look right, not to much gap in the wheel well, its hard to emagine this without any thing to go off from, i am surching for some trucks with a similar set up but havent had any luck....

Last edited:
Which stock springs did you have?

u-codes, v-codes, x-codes...or....??

According to my quick math that's a 32.8" tall tire......stockers on the 99-04s were 31.6" tall.

You could go super soft on the springs and ride on the bumpstops?

Tell me about it, that ride is :rockwoot:

I think ill have to go with a bigger tire in order to fill up some of the wheel well, maybe a Toyo Proxes s/t 325/50R22, which is about 34 inches, still bigger than i want to go, but not a lot i can do with a 4 wheel drive, just want it to look perportionate.

03powerstroke35 said:
Tell me about it, that ride is :rockwoot:

I think ill have to go with a bigger tire in order to fill up some of the wheel well, maybe a Toyo Proxes s/t 325/50R22, which is about 34 inches, still bigger than i want to go, but not a lot i can do with a 4 wheel drive, just want it to look perportionate.
Im looking forward to seeing some pics of that. Hope it turns out how you want. good luck man.

Yeah i hope it turns out the way i amagine, ill be starting this in the middle of sept, due to a deployment im on, after being in Iwakuni for six months, the only thing i can say is God bless the USA

Im doing my 3/5 drop here shortly. And im either going with a set of 305/45/22, or 305/40/22.

:homo:
jello said:
superduty_bronco.jpg

still 4 wheel drive:evil

Back