This is impressive to say the least.

dieselhead117

Up and Coming
So this kid in my hometown calls me last week saying his airdog was leaking from in between the plate and the pump. I told him not to touch it, just let airdog warranty it. Turns out they never sent in the warranty card, so they decide to tear into it. Well, he calls me again and tells me that they got it put back together with no leaks, but the truck takes forever to turn over and will randomly shut down. Also, it hazes a tad bit at idle now.

Now he tells me what really happened. they replaced two o rings in between the pump and the plate. One of the orings didnt fit correctly, so they got the closest size and MADE it fit and then added RTV on TOP OF IT! :bang you must be joking I thought!

So I drove the truck yesterday and it will randomly feel like the rail gets completely drained and the truck will stumble hard. Sometimes it recovers and sometimes it shuts down, but something ain't right in the fuel system. So my question is (due to a lack of in depth knowledge in CR) should I be telling him that he might have jacked up the high pressure fuel system? I know how touchy those injectors are, but Idk if the cp3 would pass a piece of rtv through itself? I'll be pulling his pump off and apart today so that we can get it put back together correctly. Advice would be great.

Send him this link so we can bash him. :hehe:

Not really. That is insane.

but shouldnt the filters be after the pump in the flow sequence on the air dog, maybe its sucking air now also

Replace airdog and go from there imo thats alot cheaper and easier then tearing into the cp3 forward trying to locate a problem and most places charge a good bit for testing.

Back