This is what drag racing is about.

THATpreston

Brush your teeth.
At TS, Jeff Prince returned to the pits and felt the motor was missing. And it was. With limited tools and spares, he digs in. Next thing I know, Jeff Garmon is under hood as well helping Prince wrench. Couple of crush seals replaced and Prince is back in business.

This is one of those things that unless you were there you missed. Real drag racers still exist. Diesel brother helping diesel brother as it should be. :clap:

That's awesome! If I knew half of what I wish I did I would help anyone wrench anytime!

It's great to see SPORTSMANSHIP in our sport as so many others are missing it :clap: :clap:

That's awesome.

People like that are deserving of the respect they get...

Nice job Mr. Garmon

That is the true beauty of the diesel drag racing compeitors and what makes this sport great. Everyone helps each other out. Jeff is a great example of that there has been several times that I have seen him helping other racers to get going , for example last year at Rockingham the TS truck was having problems Jeff was right there trying to help Dennis get it figured out. And this year he was there again when Jim Layden's truck was knocking and starting to come apart trying to figure out what was wrong.
I was running low on fuel last weekend at Bowling Green and George Cobb had a couple of extra gallons to loan me. He could have said no because we race the same class and I would have been stuck but he didn't .
Overall these diesel racers are just a class bunch of guys and that is what makes this sport the best!!

Toolman said:
Overall these diesel racers are just a class bunch of guys and that is what makes this sport the best!!

I don't know about class, but they're a great bunch of guys! :D It's always still kinda funny to me to see people helping each other even after all the hard smack talk!

Thats what it's all about...

BTW Preston..Nice pic of Lucky...LOL

When you get too serious about winning it kinda takes the fun out of it. We are a bunch of rednecks having fun and if I can help some one it makes it worth being there.
Was the pull awesome??? Every redneck in Bowling Green was there!

i would also like to thank jeff for trying to prep my side of the track as i prepared to race stuckey. i pull down to the staging area and look up and see jeff garmon and dan scheid sweeping debree off the track for a little peon such as myself just over whelmed me. thanks again jeff and we'll see everyone in indy.

imelmo said:
I don't know about class, but they're a great bunch of guys! :D It's always still kinda funny to me to see people helping each other even after all the hard smack talk!
I think there will always be smack talk, that's just fun.. But atleast we can help eachother out when it's needed.. Everyone use to be real close (in the diesel scene).. competition has definitely spawned rivalries that aren't too fond of eachother anymore. But it's good to see this kind of thing around the track!!!

When I first saw David Lott and Brian Bunting meet up I thought for sure they were gonna beat the **** out of each other. But turned out after all the :blahblah1: they were firends and helping each other out. Like you said earlier, it's all about fun, and the smack talk is a large part of it. ;)

smittybuilt said:
i would also like to thank jeff for trying to prep my side of the track as i prepared to race stuckey. i pull down to the staging area and look up and see jeff garmon and dan scheid sweeping debree off the track for a little peon such as myself just over whelmed me. thanks again jeff and we'll see everyone in indy.

Jeff is used to sweeping. That is all he really does around the shop anyway..... Tommy does all the heavy lifting LOL :hehe:

Hats off to Jeff Garmon!

And I agree. This is basically "sportsman-class" competition, and there is a reason they call it that. It's family and friends helping each other have fun doing something they love.

Sadly, I've also seen the ugly side of things as well, but it is VERY rare.

Back