Thoughts on h-11 12mm main stud.

TheBigNasty

Project bish
I was originally planning on a girdle, but after more reading and talking I'm not so sure it's worth the effort or money. I'd still like to add a bit more fastener since I'm keeping it 12mm but swinging heavy pistons. Are the h-11 what I'm looking for, is there a better option, or just stick with regular old arp's?

If its apart why not do a girdle and 14mm.. I learned the hardway with using 12mm main studs. Its no fun.

It was previously high 900's. I'll probably try to get 1100-1200 to actually use, then maybe try to turn the wick up later. Going in a quad cab stripped to as close as 6000lbs as I can get it. Looking to get into 9's, but I'll be happy with low 10's for a while.

Ordering the studs today. Yes they're the haisley ones. May look into throwing a girdle on it still, but I'll likely just cut my own.

I looked for it but didn't find any info. Studs are on the way, I got xl just incase I change my mind again.

At that power in a common rail I have always seen cap movement with 12mm main studs even with the girdle.

Also using Haisley's 12mm studs + Gorilla girdle and its held fine so far.

Glad I got the xl. It fits, so now to the machine shop to finish it up.

61C029AB-EB2F-416B-874E-9A52922ACB6A.jpg

Whose girdle is that? Did you machine the block? Can't remember if it's flush or recessed like it is in that picture.

I drew it up and had it cut on a plasma table. Had to throw the block on a mill and mill it for clearance.

Back