Time for some better rods!!

Ask people that have heard my truck...it is quieter than a stock truck and has NO RATTLE

The NVH of a stock bottom end vs a balanced one like yours and other built motors is insane.

Rattle. drive that trailer queen on the street then tell me it doesnt rattle ;)

Rather amazing how the ware is negligible in your case right now.

Last edited:
Seems to me that Bean has bent allot more rods and torn up more **** with the Zues and hasn't made the same power on fuel as I have with the SSR :rolleyes:

FYI. Bean tore up all those rods on 6.7 at low RPM. Over 2 years ago he made 1087/2440 ft lbs @ 2200 rpm on a old TNT-R tune. 6.7 Fuel only stock ecm.

Sorry Greg you cant compare your setup and goals with what my setup and goals are. I have not used a zues in a way to where i was going for low smoke fuel only power. The drag truck is setup to use a small charger and nitrous and the puller is a big single with lots of fuel.i have bent rods with both smartys and zues and on 6.7's and 5.9's. I will not do anymore big builds without starting with rods.

Sorry Greg you cant compare your setup and goals with what my setup and goals are. I have not used a zues in a way to where i was going for low smoke fuel only power. The drag truck is setup to use a small charger and nitrous and the puller is a big single with lots of fuel.i have bent rods with both smartys and zues and on 6.7's and 5.9's. I will not do anymore big builds without starting with rods.

You are right Ryan...you can't compare our setups or goals.

My goal is to build a consistent, dependable drag truck. Not something that grenades itself after putting up a big number on a dyno or making it half way down the track.

This setup has been together for 2 whole racing seasons, participated in more than 30 races, made over 250 passes down the track and at least 150 dyno pulls. All the while being in the 900 to 1000 hp range.

Honestly, I think it went along way towards realizing my goal.

I can't believe your piston's aren't scuffed to hell and back and your bearings aren't all tore up with it. It seems to me that any rod looking like that would put a lot of pressure and binding on things... Crazy! Those are some nice numbers you're putting down!

My goal is to build a consistent, dependable drag truck. Not something that grenades itself after putting up a big number on a dyno or making it half way down the track.

This setup has been together for 2 whole racing seasons, participated in more than 30 races, made over 250 passes down the track and at least 150 dyno pulls. All the while being in the 900 to 1000 hp range.

Maybe you should help bean :hehe:

Just tighten all the valves down so they are all open and attach the intake manifold of the Dodge to the compressor inlet of a 6.0 Ford. They suck so much that it will pull all the pistons to the top and stretch the rods back straight.
AssholeLOL. But seriously, that is awesome!! IMEO, your at the perfect point between being totally insane and and relatively sane Ron:rockwoot:.

...Now my Ford has at least one purpose:hehe:.

Lmao!

RonA for President!!!

This^! Or at least a talk show or SOMETHING!

--------------------------------------------

On another note- The thread has taken a some what malicious turn it seems... But I find the topic(s) being discussed very interesting.

Last edited:
Jason your an jealous idiot...ever think that the 148 dyno runs after it was dialed in was to impress haters like you....

Bottom line...2 years...1k hp...stfu

2 years from know you will still be whining.

Back on topic...Dockboy...that is awesome...almost scares me to look at mine. Truck still starts...so phuck it right?

Win

Jason your an jealous idiot...ever think that the 148 dyno runs after it was dialed in was to impress haters like you....

Back on topic...Dockboy...that is awesome...almost scares me to look at mine. Truck still starts...so phuck it right?

Bigger Win

Fall in a hole dumbchit. Im no hatter. Where did you ever get that idea? Ive always liked blockboys setup. More so after he started not blowing engine after engine up. There are just several points to everyones story that have little interesting unanswered questions.... like 150 pulls. 50 dyno competitions??? lol. right. Damn, i think theres a lot of us that are jealous of free or dirt cheap dyno time! IIRC dockboy has access to just that.

150 dyno pulls??? thought the ssr gets ya tuned in after a session or two? :poke:

No matter what though we almost always want more power, better spool up, better egts etc. So even though you are happy one month the next month you might be thinking can I make this better. Also, combos keep on changing that require rework of the tune.

Just my .02

Back