Time for turbo's to be upgraded.

Curious as to why? My current setup is approaching a decade as it is. I am sure it puts extra stress on the manifold but no issues yet.

2010-12-22160631.jpg

try it I spose, lol but an S400 turbo is a lot of fricken weight to hang off a hotpipe!

I don't know the wall thickness of my hot pipes but they are heavy walled. Not saying it is the best way to go at all. Actually it would be a bit easier to service them if they were mounted separately and obviously get allot of weight off the manifold.

That mount posted earlier seems a bit under kill. I would rather build something than go that route. Any other mounts available?

I don't know the wall thickness of my hot pipes but they are heavy walled. Not saying it is the best way to go at all. Actually it would be a bit easier to service them if they were mounted separately and obviously get allot of weight off the manifold.

That mount posted earlier seems a bit under kill. I would rather build something than go that route. Any other mounts available?

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

do you have room under the hood to mount the S4 up top? similar to this pic?

what about that S4 mount from Source is under kill? Not trying to stir the pot, just curious...

I actually do have room. I thought about this from the get go but figured a motor mount would be better so the turbo moves with the motor. My rollbar that you see in the above pic would be a perfect mount but that might lead to boot failure.

Last edited:
I actually do have room. I thought about this from the get go but figured a motor mount would be better so the turbo moves with the motor. My rollbar that you see in the above pic would be a perfect mount but that might lead to boot failure.

I would agree, I would think as the engine moves, keep the chargers moving with it.

I should have a bracket here this week that goes where the A/C compressor mounts...I'll can send you a pic of that if you want

If the hot pipe is built right, you don't need an extra support. We've been running without one for years.

Actually it would be a bit easier to service them if they were mounted separately and obviously get allot of weight off the manifold.

Bingo I have had both styles on my trucks with and without the support bracket and the brackets imo just make things ALOT easier to work with.

Back