Time to call a lawyer???

Stock Ram

Haulin' Grass
I have just watched my truck towed out of the yard so I am a little miffed.

15,000 miles and 10 months old. This is my 3rd ram. 1st time in my adult life I have ever had a tow truck take my vehicle away. After driving for 30+ yrs it was bound to happen right??? Wrong. This is the first vehicle I have ever owned that flashed me a cel. It shows me one at least once a week. It has been in the shop at least 6 or 7 times for the same cel. During my time of ownership they have:

Replaced the egr valve.
Cleaned and replaced the filters numerous times.
Always a new flash.
A new pcm.
New turbo.

No truck = no work. No work, no money, lose clients. I have had enough.

You know it's bad when they send you a manual and video about taking care of your vehicle. This all comes after they realize there is a trend of maintanence issues. Take it back. Let me off this ride.

I agree, I'd push for a loaner truck equal to what you have now! Tell them that the only way for you to make a living is through that truck and having it in the shop constantly is not only frustrating but is costing you serious amounts of money.

If they give you grief about a loaner.....then call your lawyer.

Can you use the lemon law to push for a new truck?

It depends on how long you have owned the truck? If it is over a year then it is possible to push the lemon law and you will NEED a lawyer to do that. You cant just walk into the dealership and start screaming lemon law and expect to get results. Talk to a lawyer about the lemon law, Get the dealership to GIVE you a loaner truck for all your time and trouble and take it from there....Whether the dealership gives you grief about the loaner or not...talk to your lawyer about the lemon law and whether it pertains to your situation.

Good luck my friend...i have been in similar situation and it sucks

It depends on how long you have owned the truck? If it is over a year then it is possible to push the lemon law and you will NEED a lawyer to do that. You cant just walk into the dealership and start screaming lemon law and expect to get results. Talk to a lawyer about the lemon law, Get the dealership to GIVE you a loaner truck for all your time and trouble and take it from there....Whether the dealership gives you grief about the loaner or not...talk to your lawyer about the lemon law and whether it pertains to your situation.

Good luck my friend...i have been in similar situation and it sucks

Good advise.
IMO with the list of problems he has been dealing with along with the truck being 10 mos. old this seems like it should be no brainer for lemon

They haven't given you the ol' "you have not been running ULSD crap" yet have they? Talk to a lawyer, the first consultation should be free and at least you'll know what options you have.

Talked to a lawyer and have the deal in motion. Service guys were on my side. They tell me it is likely for a truck to have one of the mentioned problems but I have covered all of them. I have it documented that it has been in the shop for the same problem on 4 different occasions and have lost use of the vehicle for more than 15 days both of witch cover the FL lemon law. They would/could not find me a rental or loaner with a tow package so I am renting a Ryder with a ramp and loading my equipment in it.

Best part about this is when I went to see the service department about my truck and they all stared at the floor. Apparently the mechanic took it for a test drive and broke down on I95.

Day 2 and they haven't even called me.

Faxed all of my service records to my attorney and I am starting the lemon law proceedure. Breaking point was when my wife decided to ***** to the management and they pushed some snot nosed brat off on her. He told her they would be willing to take the vehicle in trade for a purchase on a new vehicle. Kiss my AS........................

The truck is only 9-10 months old. I have been a loyal dodge customer for more than 15 years.

BTW if you call the chrysler hotline you will get a direct phone call to Bombay. Phuck them!!!

It took me 13 months of nearly everyday on the phone to get the lemon law on my 06. Did it myself with no lawyers im sure that's why it took so long

Mrs. Shifter..........

Used to work with your husband "Twisted Shifter".
Without throwing them under the bus I will just say it's near where your husband works.

Day 4 and "they're still working on it........."

My brother had a Chevy colorado bought back last year, it was quite an ordeal since he could not afford a lawyer. Good luck with the Lemon Law procedure, I hope that it works out for you.

I agree, I'd push for a loaner truck equal to what you have now! Tell them that the only way for you to make a living is through that truck and having it in the shop constantly is not only frustrating but is costing you serious amounts of money.

If they give you grief about a loaner.....then call your lawyer.

I agree, record the conversation, But be EXTREMELY polite, and above all, don't get upset, If you have to, name drop the BBB or the Federal trade commision. If those scare tactics don't work show up with a lawyer and actually implement them and act on a Lemon Law.

Hey man, sorry to hear that ...... Keep up the fight, seems like they are having issues with these new trucks ....... Kind of reminds me of the early 6.0 Ford issues.

BTW: I don't work for them FOOLS any longer.

It will be 7 days on Monday since I have last seen my truck. Called today, Sat, to see what happened after they installed the new parts??? and gaskets. This latest fix was supposed to be followed up by another test drive. I imagine they found themselves broken down on I95 again. Seems they are now waiting on even more new parts and they can't give me an estimation of when it will be done.
Might be time to put a hitch on the rental car and get back to work.

Tuesday..........

Got my truck back. Everything after the turbo until the muffler is new. EGR, DPF, CC. Most have been replaced before.

Thing is this...........as much as I hate this truck, it was so damn good to get back behind the wheel. I might complain but I love my Dodge!!!

Just can't shut me up.
Less than 24 hours / 100 miles later and my good buddy the cel is back on again. Missed ya buddy!!!

you think Dodge is bad you should try dealing with Deere. We've had dozens of great Deere products and still do but we had a 9560 Sidehill combine from hell!! And lemon laws don't apply to farm equipment. Long story short, 8 months after the fiasco started the dealer came and bought the combine back from us and apologized so we ordered a new 9660 STS.

Here's the kicker though, the dealership never technically bought it from us, they sold it to some other poor S.O.B. and just made it appear as though they were doing everybody a favor. We still run Deere stuff but use a different dealer. lemon machines suck!!

And people wonder why I won't even consider a new diesel. I've heard horror stories like these WAY to many times from ALL of the big 3 companies. So now we've taken the most reliable motor ever that got awesome mileage and turned it in to an unreliable POS that barely gets 12mpg. But we have clean tailpipes. :doh:

All the more reason to just keep the ol' 2nd gen Tyler! :D If it dies, I'll send it to Sheids and have them rebuild it....but with better parts. That would still be WAY cheaper than a new truck!

Stock, it sounds like you need to pull the CEL lamp. :hehe: Then you can shove it up the mechanic's ass. Time to find a new dealer.....

Back