Time to revisit your hitches again...

KMK, slow down.

Here we have a few pulls for the local yocals, anyone who lives in this county or the next can pull. My hitch never got checked, the clevis was fine but there were others there that didn't.

The thing about the diesel classes is all the cliches around the place. I walked past a group of diesel pullers 4-5 times, not 1 "Hey" or "Hi" or even a nod. The gasser I parked next to popped his hood, and asked me how I was doing. Guess which crowd I hung out with.

KMK, have been to ANY of Convicted1 pulls? If not, please stop bringing national puller etiquette to the McDonalds of pulling events.

KMK, slow down.

Here we have a few pulls for the local yocals, anyone who lives in this county or the next can pull. My hitch never got checked, the clevis was fine but there were others there that didn't.

The thing about the diesel classes is all the cliches around the place. I walked past a group of diesel pullers 4-5 times, not 1 "Hey" or "Hi" or even a nod. The gasser I parked next to popped his hood, and asked me how I was doing. Guess which crowd I hung out with.

KMK, have been to ANY of Convicted1 pulls? If not, please stop bringing national puller etiquette to the McDonalds of pulling events.

all we have out here is a few pulls a year like maybe 14-15, and alot of them are locals too, its by no means national, but it doesnt matter if its alittle brush pull or a big huge national event, respect to new pullers should be given at any pull and help them out

I have a spare I keep in the truck that I've let people borrow so I don't risk losing my good one that I use... Granted, it's set up so it's only at 20" or so... I'd hate to lose to someone that's borrowing my hitch LOL

Yep was at a pull and somehow misplaced my crescent wrench and channel locks to unlock my suspension stops. Went up to two groups of guys who i know had tools with them and asked if they had one i could use for a minute and all of them refused. Pretty crappy.

if you are going to ***** and complain about new people not knowing the rules or what to do, and say they shouldnt be able pull, that does nothing to help the sport out, it does nothing to help new pullers out, and if everyone had the attitude you do towards new pullers, there wouldnt be any new pullers, thats why I said you are a disgrace to sled pulling, we want to see people in the sport that will help others, maybe go ask them questions, look at there set ups and see if something needs changed, maybe some are to embarrassed to ask for help because people like you would probably laugh at them, all I am saying if there is not rules posted all over the place, or numbers and websites, and rules handed out to the new pullers how the heck are they going to know the rules, how are they going to know who to ask, you come on here for being a dick head saying they dont need to pull if they are not smart enough to know the rules, maybe go the extra mile and help them out like we do back here, it sounds like it is not just you though that there are alot of pullers back there that dont give a sh!t about helping the new guys out. Just give it time for more people to read this and i bet more will agree your attitude is not good for sled pulling, and all i did was call you out on it.

At this point I'm going to assume you are illiterate.

Ask anybody who actually knows me if I'm helpful at the pulls. You'll find that I go WAY beyond what I should do to help the new guys as well as my own competition.

HELL! I OFFERED TO LEND THE GUY WHO BEAT ME THIS WEEKEND THE NITROUS HE NEEDED TO DO THE JOB! He ended up getting his own system installed at the last minute, but I still offered!

I've towed guys broken **** home for them (MILES AND MILES out of my way BTW), given them parts (Not cheap **** either.. Injection pumps, injectors, turbos... Etc.) off my own truck and out of my own stash before, helped them with setup, paid their entry fees when they are a bit short... etc, etc, etc... I've done all that for COMPLETE STRANGERS!

So don't try to make me out to be "a disgrace to the sport". You don't know a damn thing about me.

I don't play the "clique" game either... I get along with everybody.

So no... I don't laugh in the new guys faces when they come up to me asking for advice... I help them with their problem as best I can, and try to offer advice on what they could do differently to improve.

Thing about the latter is this... I'm still a newb in this whole game myself, so any advice I give needs to be taken with a grain of salt and I tell them that.

I've straight up admitted that my first post in this thread was kinda dickheadish, but I also told the story why. I was a little tired and pissed off from being up till 2 AM in the morning for something that could have been avoided.

I also admitted you were correct about the statement that tech and the event organizers were more to blame than the pullers themselves.

So... Do I need to spell any more of this out any clearer for you? Or do you finally get that I'm not the damn enemy?

At this point I'm going to assume you are illiterate.

Ask anybody who actually knows me if I'm helpful at the pulls. You'll find that I go WAY beyond what I should do to help the new guys as well as my own competition.

HELL! I OFFERED TO LEND THE GUY WHO BEAT ME THIS WEEKEND THE NITROUS HE NEEDED TO DO THE JOB! He ended up getting his own system installed at the last minute, but I still offered!

I've towed guys broken **** home for them (MILES AND MILES out of my way BTW), given them parts (Not cheap **** either.. Injection pumps, injectors, turbos... Etc.) off my own truck and out of my own stash before, helped them with setup, paid their entry fees when they are a bit short... etc, etc, etc... I've done all that for COMPLETE STRANGERS!

So don't try to make me out to be "a disgrace to the sport". You don't know a damn thing about me.

I don't play the "clique" game either... I get along with everybody.

So no... I don't laugh in the new guys faces when they come up to me asking for advice... I help them with their problem as best I can, and try to offer advice on what they could do differently to improve.

Thing about the latter is this... I'm still a newb in this whole game myself, so any advice I give needs to be taken with a grain of salt and I tell them that.

I've straight up admitted that my first post in this thread was kinda dickheadish, but I also told the story why. I was a little tired and pissed off from being up till 2 AM in the morning for something that could have been avoided.

I also admitted you were correct about the statement that tech and the event organizers were more to blame than the pullers themselves.

So... Do I need to spell any more of this out any clearer for you? Or do you finally get that I'm not the damn enemy?

well its good that you do all that to help, I do apolagize for what I said, I judged you off what you said, and not knowing what you do, that is the main problem though like others have posted above they asked for help and didnt get that, that puts a bad name on sled pullers and they judge all of them like that because that is what they have seen. I can understand you being pissed off and complaining about it, but seems it really has nothing to do with you, you help all you can its just the people that put on the show that needs to do a few more things to help. I dont know how many trucks you guys pull back there at an average pull, probably alot more then us, so we never turn a puller away unless we absolutly have to, you guys might have to many trucks so it doesnt bother you to not let people pull, i could understand that, you have a time frame to meet at most pulls and you have to do what you have to do to meet the time frame. I didnt mean to get into a pissing match with you but with out any further explanation others would have judged you the same way as me. and i know i cant spell, or write with the proper punctuation, unless i want to take my time to but whats the point on here LOL

Certain times at local pulls it can't be helped though (national pulls or pulls that don't have a beginner class is a different story and I'm assuming that is what Sleddy is referring to) . Many times Joe Blow in the stands hears the announcers say come hook your truck, so he thinks why not give it a try. He hops in his rig in the parking lot and uses whatever he has at his disposal. Yes he doesn't have the proper hitch but he wasn't planning on pulling when he left home either. We can ***** about him and not let him pull (some groups will do this), or we can help a possible future puller out and try and promote the sport. WE don't fault someone like that and have a few loaner hitches (painted bright colors so we can get them back easier) for them to use.

I agree that there are times where guys plan on pulling for the first time and are unprepared and/or didn't take the time to read the rules and it is FRUSTRATING, but we have two roads to choose from when dealing with these individuals......and sometimes the rules are not readily available from some clubs. I always leave my name and number and have them call me with any questions or clarifications for future pullls. More often than not, I will get a newbie calling me for rules clarifications. Yes it can get old at times answering the same question over and over again for different people, but it's part of trying to make the sport grow for the future....

If a guy comes to a pull more than twice and doesn't have a proper hitch, then we have an issue, or if the same guy keeps asking the same question over and over again. I'll answer it once, and most likely twice, after that I point him elsewhere.

My .02
:clap::clap:

Back