Timing effect on haze?

flcrawler

Does the timing have an effect on if it hazes or is it all in the injectors? I just installed a set of RCP 7x.012 and it is hazing pretty good. Timing is at 24*, if stock was 14*. I have and adjustable gear so never checked it with a timing set. With the stock injectors it only hazed cold.

mines at 27* and it hazes all the time but im also running a 6x.016 with some work.

Is it hazing white or black? Once warm does it clear up? I am also assuming they are 7x12 VCO nozzles???

for my own knowledge where are the pop off set on the injectors?

Not sure on color i will look tomarrow. Clears alittle as it warms but still visable. Yes they are vco and I belive they are at 310.

My timing is only at 17 degrees with 7x12's. It hazes a lot when cold, get about five minutes drive time and I can't see any haze. I haven't tried any more timing on these injectors yet.

6x12's @ 4000psi and 24 deg timing here looks like something is broke at idel! lol Otherwise while driving it's not bad at all unless u cob on it.

So it sounds like it is just the nature of the beast with bigger injectors. I just try to keep the smoke to a minimum.

So it sounds like it is just the nature of the beast with bigger injectors. I just try to keep the smoke to a minimum.

I currently have 7x.014 SAC nozzles in my truck. Once the truck is warmed up, they don't haze whatsoever at idle. light pedal nets no haze, moderate, a gray/clear haze. This is with ~475cc's of fuel currently set @ 17*.

24* with 7x12s set at 250bar and it only hazes when cold. After 5mins of driving its gone and is clean.

Back