Timing spacer real world results

Grudgeguy

1st gen moron
What are the real benefits of the timing spacer? Truck has everything in my signature and honestly it's pretty damn quick. What will the spacer do for me? So far the single best mod was the 4200 spring, will this take it's place

Lots of praises for the spacer. Many say that it's just behind the gov spring.

From my understanding of it, no experience yet but want one, you can have the timing set lower for low end and the spacer will still bump it up for the top end, best of both worlds kind of thing. I want one to try and gain some low end.

They work well. I really liked mine for daily driving, it allowed for a good low end feel that carried well. Instead of being stuck with narrow power band. I didn't have the cranky idle knock as bad as some of the bed I've been around.

Oh… and on cold mornings the truck started as if it was summer.

I'm not 100% sure where timing is lol jumped a tooth and went to the head. It doesn't have that knocking sound and idle is just over 600. Been thinking about this for a while

They work well. I really liked mine for daily driving, it allowed for a good low end feel that carried well. Instead of being stuck with narrow power band. I didn't have the cranky idle knock as bad as some of the bed I've been around.

Oh… and on cold mornings the truck started as if it was summer.

I have one on my pump in the crewcab, and I have been having issues that when the KSB is operational that I get way too much timing, and I loose all low end power.

I have to run with the KSB unhooked, or it will barely climb up a hill.

^I'm with that guy. Sounds like base timing is too high.

What size/spray angle injectors are you running?

From my understanding of it, no experience yet but want one, you can have the timing set lower for low end and the spacer will still bump it up for the top end, best of both worlds kind of thing. I want one to try and gain some low end.

The spacer is a must have for a manual truck. It didn't seem to do much for my 4BT with an auto.

If you skipped a tooth and pushed to the head then thats alot of timing. Im running somewhere around 20 degress and higher than most people do and I havnt skipped a tooth.

I see this thread is still up top. I had been thinking about it and I did not skip a tooth, my mistake, I should take notes

Back