Timing Vs Piston bowl?

Rodram2002

I'm wondering how many degres of timing you could run on a 24 valve VP motor befor the injection is out of the bowl? I am planning on P-pumping my truck soon and was looking at about 20-22* timing for the street and 30-32* for sled pulling.

I know the higher timing will help with higher rpm's and makes it a dawg on the bottom end. I'm sure there is a fin line to walk here and would like to know how much it too much.

Scotty.

Are you planning to run an adjustable pump gear or doing it the old fashioned method each time?

What is the spray angle of RV275 injectors? Aren't most 7 hole injectors (7x0.010 thru 7x0.024) just enlarged versions of the RV275's?

got-torque- Since it seems you're a little bit ahead of me on gathering parts let me know how it goes and any deals you come across. I am interested in the adjustable gear now myself.

I'll be running the adjustable pump gear to make changing the timing easy.
For injectors, I'll be staying with my M7's or sending them back to Don and have him work them.

Dude, giving up in the VP so soon?

I am Cliff. This pump has about 35K miles and its already toast. I either have to get a new one and be stuck at 650ish HP or get a Monster pump and hope it works. The money for the monster pump is more than enough for me to put my 13mm pump on and have lots more fuel and rpm.

I hat electronics as they have out smarted me for a while now.:eek:wned: But I under stand mechanical very well. Much easier for me to work on.

Back