Tints too dark

pjsrider

Hey guys. My wife got her windows tinted on her 3rd gen a couple weeks ago. She got 20 percent on the front and rear window and something on the rears over the factory to make everything match. She had her previous car done somewhere with 20 percent and it is fine. Cant see in really but can still see out of the mirrors and stuff when its night time. That place was to busy and couldn't do it so she took it elsewhere and asked for the same thing. However this batch of tint looks great from the outside, but from the inside you cant see a damn thing out. Even in daylight I cant really see out the rear view mirror and I have to roll the side windows down if sun has even started to go down the slightest. It also reflects really bad inside when she is on her phone in the passenger seat at night. I have to have her darken the screen before I pull out anywhere or else you just cant see out. I plan to take it off and have it re done or attempt to redo it myself. I thought there was some nickel stuff that was better, but that was years ago. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jay

i put factory 20% on the drivers and windshield. then added another 20% to everything but the windshield. can barely see inside in direct sunlight. not is not too bad as long as there is some sort of street light out.

ceramic tint is very nice. the woman has it on her black/black BMW and it keeps things a lot cooler in the summer. before it was unbearable to sit on the seats after bring in the sun.

Think I've ran into somewhat of the same thing where I had the 14 tinted. Had 5% put on the front and it lets alot of light through compared to the 5% on the 04. At night it's got a brownish tint from other's headlights and you can't see out of it. The 04 has no visibility issues at night and doesn't have the brown tint. Cheap tint is what I'm thinking.

I mistakenly said she put 20 percent or rear windows. She had them do the front driver and passenger in 20 percent and what ever it took to make the rest of the factory tints match that, so it may have been five percent over the factory on the rears. It doesn't seem to be a percentage problem, its more of a reflective problem making the slightest light inside the cab reflect. I have come to the conclusion like okie18 said that it must just be cheap tint. Baracuda, the ceramic tint keeps out more heat? How about if she uses her cell phone inside at night? I can read her screen in the reflection of the passengers window like i'm directly staring at her screen. Maybe i'm crazy or my eyes are screwed up but it screws with my vision for sure.

Jay

Back