TIPM/Dash Swap questions

adamsmarshall

Drilling Crooked Holes
Ok so I know this has been dabbled in but never fully discussed but I had a few questions for those who can possibly answer.

I'm swapping my 04 over to an 06 ECM, this has been discussed so I'm not going there exactly.

What I'm wondering is if I just get a TIPM and the harness will the harness connect to the 04 a/c controls or is it a different plug and/or board in the controls which would interfere with the communication.

I know I can swap the entire dash out with all the 06 stuff and everything should work but if I could just swap in the TIPM, harness and 06 gauge cluster it would make life that much cheaper and easier.

Thanks for any insight into this

The 06 and newer trucks use an a/c control module that switches a/c through the data wires. You will need to rewire the entire truck with a 06+ harness to get everything working properly. If you want cruise control to work you'll need an 06+ ABS module. Find wrecked diesel truck and get the the entire truck wiring.

Also being that it's an 06 ECM, will it matter if I go to an 07.5-09 interior (assuming it'll fit) or will I be limited to the 06-07?

Back