tips on moving forward with twin turbo 03?

Out Back 4x4

I just received my twin piping from crazy carls, got dual cp3 setup waiting along with 100% over exergy injectors in the garage. Truck is tore down right now. Waiting on head to come back. Sorry guys...no side draft intake yet :(

going to have my 66 cut down to a 64 to pair it with the 480 I got sittin in the spare bedroom.

any tips on going ahead with tuning? maybe a boost gauge for the primary and drive pressure gauge? what should I shoot for on boost numbers to hold it together? 65-70 total psi?

it's going to be a street truck just to play around with. it's a 6 speed manual. gonna see how long this south bend dual disc lives until I go with a valair street triple.

currently running s06 smarty with revo tnt on it.

any feedback is welcomed!

thanks guys

Jake

No constructive criticism here, just throw up some pics when you start building. I'm wanting to compound my 05 soon but am on the fence about it.

i don't know if it will work, i'll set up a photobucket account when i get off work

well computer network at work won't allow me to open photobucket. i guess you can look for my username..i uploaded pics before coming in tonight.

put up pic of truck, tear down of top end of the motor, and of some of my parts

outback4x4

be ready to clock the turbos, have them loose, keep v bands loose, be ready to adjust location of trans dipstick/ fill tube, adjust heater hose possilbly, watch for routing of vac line from electric vac pump over top of hot pipe... too close and its a melting, be ready with bfh for floorboard modification to allow instalation of down pipe, watch routing of oil lines to turbo, no need to pre cook it by running it next to a 1400 degree exhaust manifold, be careful adjusting rout of ac lines, they kink real easy......... aside from that, piece of cake. Keep the 1/4 drive ratchet in drivers side door compartment, with the deep socket for all boot clamps, you will learn to keep all clamps on intercooler super tight, and maybe keep the one at the top turbo just a bit looser so if it does blow, at least it is the easy one to fix on the side of the road. make sure ya keep air filter clamp accesable for loosen for removal of filter for cleaning.

I wouldn't deliberately leave ANYTHING loose - sudden loss of boost pressure can cause any turbo to overspeed, fracture, or fly apart. I speak from experience. Seen it a few times when air to air blow off under high boost and a few days later the compressor wheel ends up in the cooler if it survives the initial incident.

Good boots and clamps and psi test the whole system at operational pressure. I have never had a boot come off. If a boot is removed the whole system gets checked its that simple. If you are still concerned build blow off bars.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

[ame="http://s1173.photobucket.com/albums/r582/outback4x4/Mobile%20Uploads/"]Mobile Uploads pictures by outback4x4 - Photobucket[/ame]

link to my pics

planning on the piping being red, compressor covers black and paint the valve cover and such to match

Back