Tire Question

Problem child

Double nickel @
Alright guys I have a question and I'm just looking for everyone opinions on it. So back in the day we use to run 33/ 12.5 couser ct tires ya know when a super b charger and 100hp injectors you had somthing. So I was always told it was about the wheel speed that you needed to stay with the pack. I know we have came a long way from them days but why is it now that 35/ 12.5 are so popular? is it somthing to do with having a bunch of power now a days and just trying to keep it hooked up or some make up from gear changing?.. not trying to be stupid just curious what everyone's thought on it was and how it helped going that much bigger making it harder on parts? Thanks in advance!

when you air down a 35" tire, it has a larger footprint then a 33" tire at same pressure. And some orgs limit the max tire size to a 35-36" tire.

Wheel speed is only going to be about 1 mph difference.

i run 35"
should be larger contact patch and touch better Mph than 33

Alright guys I have a question and I'm just looking for everyone opinions on it. So back in the day we use to run 33/ 12.5 couser ct tires ya know when a super b charger and 100hp injectors you had somthing. So I was always told it was about the wheel speed that you needed to stay with the pack. I know we have came a long way from them days but why is it now that 35/ 12.5 are so popular? is it somthing to do with having a bunch of power now a days and just trying to keep it hooked up or some make up from gear changing?.. not trying to be stupid just curious what everyone's thought on it was and how it helped going that much bigger making it harder on parts? Thanks in advance!

Those were the good old days!!!

The power is WAY beyond what any 33 will hold and paralleling that it also increases your wheel speed.

Those were the good old days!!!

Yea. Remember when buying a diesel truck was the most expensive part?

The power is WAY beyond what any 33 will hold and paralleling that it also increases your wheel speed.

Yea. Remember when buying a diesel truck was the most expensive part?

Yep another sport ruined cause of money!

Back