Tire Question...

Lil' E

Fuel Junky
I am looking for a set of tires to put on my 16x10 Weld wheels to run at the track. What size and brand do you guys recommend? I was kinda looking for a set of 33 12.50's or equivalent metric size for a street/competition tire. Thanks.

I had some Mickey Baja ATZ's that hooked good. They were 33-12.50's. Never actually went down the track with them. They also looked real good

I like the looks of the ATZ's but I want to go more with a street/competition tire. I was just wondering what anybody recomended.

i run a 16" and run M/T street radials 295/50-16 equals out to 28X11.50-16. these are the biggest drag radials i could find for a 16

et_street_radial_b.jpg

How much did you pay for those? That is almost the exact thing that im looking for.

Thats not too bad. Thanks for that I think I might go with them. Are they street legal?

Those are exactly what i've been looking for to put on my truck also! Thanks daithi2!

If you really want to use them on the street, the true DOT drag radials or bias-ply aren't a good choice. The life is short, and in the rain they are really dangerous. Plus they pick up nails like a magnet. We have driven over 20,000 miles on true drag tires in the past and now try to avoid it. Pat did drive in the pouring rain back to the hotel from the Colorado event last year on true drag radials, but he was very careful.

We have run the BFG KDW and the Toyo Proxies to 1.6 sixty foot times with good street manners. Launching harder will often find mechanical weaknesses that will retire you anyhow. 1.4-1.5 sixties are for those who arrive on a trailer.

If you really want to use them on the street, the true DOT drag radials or bias-ply aren't a good choice. The life is short, and in the rain they are really dangerous. Plus they pick up nails like a magnet. We have driven over 20,000 miles on true drag tires in the past and now try to avoid it. Pat did drive in the pouring rain back to the hotel from the Colorado event last year on true drag radials, but he was very careful.

We have run the BFG KDW and the Toyo Proxies to 1.6 sixty foot times with good street manners. Launching harder will often find mechanical weaknesses that will retire you anyhow. 1.4-1.5 sixties are for those who arrive on a trailer.

life is short, expecially doing launches on the street. i dont think ive gotten 1000miles on any drag radial ive had on any of my vehichles. my stuff sees more off the track action then on.
2.gif

words of wisdom, Grasshopper.

I've learned that I need to always arrive on a trailer lol...

Back