to p-pump or not to p-pump

...and a cam, ported head, etc. Hard to find a 12v that has less than 150k miles. I went with a 24v that had 25k miles instead.

whats your current setup?

I got ported and polished head, oringed, studed, Maxspool cam, II HrVP44,150 sticks, Conector tubes drilled to .093, Edge Juice, AtS intake and exhaust manifolds, II Silver 62, S@B CAI, full 5 inch exhaust to 5 inch stacks. and NX with a 150 shot. but never used it on the track.

I just spent 1800.00 on a motor with 20k miles and tore it apart and put the cam, head, studs, and orings. If i didnt do that i would switch to a 12V. but since i have all these i was just going to do the conversion. Im gona start calling around tomarrow and try to find the best kit. I talked to II last week and they have one, but anyone know anywhere else??

Thanks guys for all the info.

Mark

Scheids and Haisly both have conversion kits and have been very nice answering some of my questions.

7's did fine, made 678hp but brought my fuel pressure down quite a bit. I'm adding a second pump to correct it.

this on your p-pumped 02 motor? would you mind PMing me with the basic list of stuff you have done to your motor?

im looking to p-pump my 02 next year for pulling and want about 650-700hp with 4500 rpms on a 2.8 charger.

this on your p-pumped 02 motor? would you mind PMing me with the basic list of stuff you have done to your motor?

im looking to p-pump my 02 next year for pulling and want about 650-700hp with 4500 rpms on a 2.8 charger.

Ditto on that one! Hopefully I can get all the supporting drivetrain done this summer and make a few pulls! Should have it tuned and the engine ready to go early this spring.

I don't remember exactley how we hooked it all up, its been 4 years since I owned it in running condition. I will see if I can find some pics and refress my memory. I had everything on my truck working except for the CEL.

Yeah let me know if you find anything, I havent thought about the cruise control yet but it's not a major concern at the moment.

7's did fine, made 678hp but brought my fuel pressure down quite a bit. I'm adding a second pump to correct it.

Where they alot more smokey to drive vs. the other injectors you have run? Hard starting or anything?

If I have to I'll switch to diffrerent injectors, but I'd like to stay with my M7's.

Where they alot more smokey to drive vs. the other injectors you have run? Hard starting or anything?

If I have to I'll switch to diffrerent injectors, but I'd like to stay with my M7's.
I didn't drive them on the street. I borrowed them from Chris Sutton and just put them in to dyno. I daily drive with a set of Mach 4's. They dyno between 596 and 610 depending on how the run goes. That is with my afc and #100 plate in the middle. If I go full foreward I loose fuel pressure. I think 650 is possible with the 4's once I get the second pump online. It runs nice with the 4's. Smoke is under control untill I go over about 5/8 throttle. Even then it doesn't black out the road. Just leaves a sign that I was there. Never a problem starting and only a slight haze at idle. The pump tuning is very important. This is with 181 delivery valves also.

2002 motor with PDR stage 2 head, .010 over gasket and ARP studs. F1 Helix 2 cam and springs. 12mm 887 pump with 1 trip to Ponci's Diesel for tuning. 19.2 degs timing, 181 dv's, home made #100 plate and afc modded to allow full travel.

Ron

Last edited:
Back