to p pump or not

crash4wd

Ok i tired of this VP and want to p pump it I just not sure if its worth it I would like some imput some people say do it some say don't I wanna keep it as daily driver I want street truck to just take to track on weekends I thinkin p pumped twin turbo 24v I wana make sure its not going be pain I wanna be able to keep it reliable not have to worry about it not startin and imput would be great

Anytime you eliminate electronics, things get more reliable

p pumps can be setup mild to wild, all in what you want to do with it

lots of guys daily driving 600 hp twins turbo 12v's

thanks for info guys I really just want like 600 hp range that is fun to drive and still can be streetable I deff doing set twins just not sure if I wanna keep this vp. I pretty sure p pumped 24v would run great

The pump might not be as reliable, but a 600hp VP truck will be more fun to drive than a 600hp p-pumped truck, all other things being equal. You'll have more TQ off idle due to the variable timing. Not trying to talk you out of it, I did the swap, but there are some things I miss about my VP...

I was the biggest anti ppump guy on this forum for years. Then I finally did it. There is absolutely nothing I miss about my VP. Power is better, power delivery is better, more rpms, better driveability. Just do it.

I have been saying this for years...when I can't do well sledpulling a vp or my vp fails, I'm going ppump.

I was the biggest anti ppump guy on this forum for years. Then I finally did it. There is absolutely nothing I miss about my VP. Power is better, power delivery is better, more rpms, better driveability. Just do it.

Your truck don't count. :stab:

does anyone know if u can change spring in airdog 150 to make it 45psi of pressure

i wasnt so hot about it after i first did it due to my lack of tuning knowledge but once i finally got it all figured out for the most part..:woohoo: its awesome and im 100 % happy with it although it could still use some more tuning!!

The pump might not be as reliable, but a 600hp VP truck will be more fun to drive than a 600hp p-pumped truck, all other things being equal. You'll have more TQ off idle due to the variable timing. Not trying to talk you out of it, I did the swap, but there are some things I miss about my VP...

Ding, 600hp vp is cake. And a hell of alot more fun to drive.

Its all opinion.

Your just jealous I made as much as you with a stock charger and stock ecm. LOL

Back