To those whom have a SURGE and use a DiPricol rail gauge

JasonCzerak

Unplug the gauge, at the motor.... Then report.

specifically trucks with a manual trans, as we are most likely more sensitive to things like surge

my surge came back. specifiably when I went back to the TNT/R.

I can now listen to the stereo and full volume, and the truck does not buck anymore with the cruise set. Seems to accelerate faster as well, smoother.

I need to test a few more smarty settings to confirm. Give me a day or two. I know for a fact that I have a lot of surge under extream light peddle input on TNT/R #7 Timing 3, rail 4, tqm 1, highrpm. I unplugged the gauge and went to TNT/R #9, timing 4 and I have less smoke and better acceleration. I don't think this all has to do with timing on 4 vs 3, I'm going to bump that up to 3 on my way home today and observe.

I'm not following....are you saying that unplugging the gauge makes the surge go away ?
And I'm withyou on the stereo stuff....damn near 10 grand in A/V and I can't turn it up at all or the truck starts surging like crazy. I was thinking that was just electrical system draw though....mine pulls about 160 amps at full tilt. I figured the stereo was using juice the motor needed to run right. LOL

I've ben saying for a while that mine has less smoke and runs smoother on SW9 vs SW7. On SW7 mine smokes to the point of being undrivable unless I actually WANT to smoke out whole roads.

I'm not following....are you saying that unplugging the gauge makes the surge go away ?
And I'm withyou on the stereo stuff....damn near 10 grand in A/V and I can't turn it up at all or the truck starts surging like crazy. I was thinking that was just electrical system draw though....mine pulls about 160 amps at full tilt. I figured the stereo was using juice the motor needed to run right. LOL

I've ben saying for a while that mine has less smoke and runs smoother on SW9 vs SW7. On SW7 mine smokes to the point of being undrivable unless I actually WANT to smoke out whole roads.

Yes. If you soddered everything in, you might just leave your self out of it unless you like the punishment.

the smoking has always gone up with numbers for me. I need to go back down to #7 to confirm tho. (to many options, dang nabbit!)

I can still unplug mine....it's not soldered.
Bad thing is...powdercoater has 1/2 my motor so I can't test your theory till next week.

Mine does too...

Have you guys checked the pins/sockets? If you have access to an oscilliscope(sp?) or maybe a multimeter, but I doubt it would respond to the voltage changes quickly enough unless it was some bass CD that would produce a constant draw. I'd check voltage at idle after the gauge, and unplug it and check it again with the stereo cranked.

Just curious to see how current draw affects the sensor.

Buddy of mine had lots of problems with his kinda doin the same thing, but it wasnt a surge it would cut the engine out at idel, and then pickup again. Pricol sent him a new updated harness and it has went away with no problems

Well, my surge is still there, on TNT/R #7 at about 33mph.

Couldn't seem to find the surge at 50-60 yesterday on #7.

#5 and #9 has zero surge for me.

New harness $117.

so it is true diesel trucks get hot girls!!

I knew I didnt waist all this money for nothing

Bringing this back up.
After driving for 2 days without the RP gauge hooked up I can pretty confidently say my 70mph surge is about 1/4 as bad without the RP gauge hooked up...I can barely feel it. With the gauge hooked up it's much worse.

Bringing this back up.
After driving for 2 days without the RP gauge hooked up I can pretty confidently say my 70mph surge is about 1/4 as bad without the RP gauge hooked up...I can barely feel it. With the gauge hooked up it's much worse.

You wouldnt happen to have a TST on there would you?? Just checking.....

Bringing this back up.

now unplug the mp8. and swap the gauge on and off

my stereo surge is still there with out the mp8, but it's 1/4 of what it used to be with both in place

I still have a violent surge with TNT r on #7 at 33 and 53mph

I think that is software where as on #9 the software is fine

No TST
My MP8 is off too....only stock stuff plugged into the sensors.

I'm gonna add a 5 farad Alumapro cap...maybe a 15 farad.... here in the next week or so...my gut tells me that'll fix the stereo surge.

No TST
My MP8 is off too....only stock stuff plugged into the sensors.

I'm gonna add a 5 farad Alumapro cap...maybe a 15 farad.... here in the next week or so...my gut tells me that'll fix the stereo surge.
I'd run a battery just for the audio, but that's me...

Back