Torque Converter Options

Mr. Rollin Coal

Im looking in to swapping out my converter because it is way too tight for the set up i have. Im just looking for peoples opinions and to see what they think. So just let me know what kind of converter would work good with the set up in my sig.

Thanks

Call these guys, Spec Rite Torque Converters
Tell them you wanna losen your converter and you could just send them yours and they will do it in a couple days and send it back. It will only take like a day or 2 to ship from where you are to Redding. You will talk to Mike or Rod tell them your friends with Cole.

You can also talk to Phil Taylor at DPC. He's super helpful and talked with me long enough to answer all my questions.

x3 on spec rite. Rod is a great guy to deal with. He's fairly close to us too.

-jp

Thanks guys but I got a hold of dave goerend and he already sent me a new one with about a stock stall just to swap out.

Sounds like you made a good choice. Not sure if Dave will do it if you buy a converter only but having got a full trans at any time i can send my current stall converter back for a different stall speed unit and the only thing it will cost is shipping one way. Not sure if any of the above listed builders will offer that same option.

I run a stock stall with a 64/71 .91 t4 and it works great. You probably could have gotten away with one step tighter but I wouldn't sweat it.

Back