torque convertors

winkdemon

Fast, Cheap or Reliable.
torque converters

ok so i am having my trans built right now and i have always used is TCS triple disc converters.

Now as i am having the clutch count raised in the trans, wondering if i should go to a four disc convertor over the triple ? In hope i can run a lower line pressure so i am not shock loading as bad.

engine has the fuel/ air for over 1000hp so i need to trans to hold some juice

Last edited:
Most builders I've talked to have said the the quad and 5 disk converters lock up harder. If your trans is being built right it should be fine though even with high line pressures. And less chance of smoking your clutches

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ok so i am having my trans built right now and i have always used is TCS triple disc converters.

Now as i am having the clutch count raised in the trans, wondering if i should go to a four disc convertor over the triple ? In hope i can run a lower line pressure so i am not shock loading as bad.

Line pressure is your friend, a good valve body will address shock loading issues with the way they setup the VB.

i know you want line pressure. but i am at 250 ish at w.o.t , was just hoping i could make it shift alittle lighter lol

Will TCS build you a quad disc?

i know you want line pressure. but i am at 250 ish at w.o.t , was just hoping i could make it shift alittle lighter lol

Holy cow that's high! Whats your base line pressure?

If you want the lockup a bit softer you can plug one of the holes that was most likely drilled in your valve body for the lock up circuit.

Last edited:
didn't have any issue with it , but now it 's a different beast, got a new triple disc and new trany , works much pretty now

Back