Torque crossovers then injectors or injectors then crossovers?

crossovers then injectors to make sure they are seated good and wont leak that way injector can still turn a hair

I do injectors then crossovers. Haven't had a problem. This is for my 2nd gen.

I do injectors then crossovers. Haven't had a problem. This is for my 2nd gen.

ive only had a problem once doing it injectors then tubes and it crushed one side of the tapered part of the tube been doin it crossovers the injectors ever since

tighten injector bolts, then back off the bolts (just to make sure injectors are seated). Install and torque connector tubes to 1/2 their torque value (on common rails this would be about 19 ft/lbs. Torque down injectors, then complete torque of connector tube nuts.

ive only had a problem once doing it injectors then tubes and it crushed one side of the tapered part of the tube been doin it crossovers the injectors ever since

How did that happen? Tube cocked a bit when tightening?

jlibert has got it. initial injector holddown is 44 in lbs. then back off, then torque c.t.'s to snug then injector holddowns to 89 in lbs. (90 for slackers like me) then c.t.'s to 37 ft. lbs. (40 for good measure) not too much though you can booger the ct's up.

I snug the injector bolts then snug the crossovers then torque the injector bolts then torque the crossovers. No problems after a half dozen installs on just my stuff....was messing around with different pop pressures until MAXTORQ straightened me out.

Back