Torque Wrench

You can usually find sets or whatever on craigslist pretty cheap. I've found 3 month old boxes half off before :Cheer:

Be careful about telling your SO guy you bought off eBay, one of my techs was refused service ( it's a long story) because he didn't buy from an authorized dealer

All I know is my harbor freight one would never click no matter what... trying to find a good deal at a pawn shop now for a snap on.

Thanks for the input everyone!!

Another question for all you big snap on guys.What is the best way to get SO tools ? I don't turn wrenches for a living but I work on mine and a few other trucks.I have 2 SO ratchets but would like to start getting more sockets,wrenches,and eventually a box.Ebay has crazy prices,some people say the guys on the trucks can be bricks so do I just order from online ?

Another way is to get in with your local service shop that has a Snapon truck route and just show up when ever the truck is there.

the only 2 things i like from snap on is torque wrench and line wrench everything eles is over priced imho. all my other stuff is either stanley or crastmen snapon just ask to many questions for me when u take something to them that is broke

I've got a snap-on torque wrench. Its a click type with the twist handle. I think its 4 years old. I always store it turned all the way down and it still compares good when used side by side with the newer models.....and def deal with the snap-on guy. Dont buy online. Once you make friends with him u can get him to make some deals !!!!!!!

I have a matco 1/2" flex head torque wrench and really like it. It was around $320. And if you buy from any tool truck buy in cash. And always haggle with them. When I buy big ticket item I always like to gamble. Like rock, paper, scissors or flip a coin. Most of the tool guys go for that. Some times you win sometimes you loose. And you always have fun. I actually got a 14mm 12pt shallow and deep impact socket for free when I bought my torque wrench by the flip of a coin.

Oh and never buy any Mac, matco, snap off or cornwell tools online from the website. You will pay a premium.

Last edited:
the guy from team torque that comes to our shop every year to calibrate our torque wrenches said that craftsman torque wrenches stay i calibration better than most others. take that for what its worth

I have a matco 1/2" flex head torque wrench and really like it. It was around $320. And if you buy from any tool truck buy in cash. And always haggle with them. When I buy big ticket item I always like to gamble. Like rock, paper, scissors or flip a coin. Most of the tool guys go for that. Some times you win sometimes you loose. And you always have fun. I actually got a 14mm 12pt shallow and deep impact socket for free when I bought my torque wrench by the flip of a coin.

Oh and never buy any Mac, matco, snap off or cornwell tools online from the website. You will pay a premium.

I too have the same and very impressed with it. Just my Matco dealer isnt cool enough to do stuff like that. Got it on sale for 250 bucks and a free energy drink LOL

Last edited:
Back