totalled my 97

dipapadakis

eclb 97 4x4 128k miles,
Does anyone have any idea about what insurance does for aftermarket parts when totaling a truck?
I do have all the reciepts that total up just over 12 grand in tranny, engine and fuel system. Very curious to what they will do,(other than bend me over) and how much i will have to buy the truck back for...

Attachments

• 261506_521833854508143_919124864_n.jpg
    261506_521833854508143_919124864_n.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 0
  • 556916_521836547841207_1773839081_n.jpg
    556916_521836547841207_1773839081_n.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 0
How did you get in the ditch??

I don't have any knowledge pertaining to your question. But I am interested to know.

Well I have a good body/chassis to sell you, short bed 2wd though...

Thanks but im looking for a 4x4 5 speed 12v. Time for a new project, going to be parting this one out soon!

Last edited:
need to have receipts ,and they wont pay ya much for the aftermarket parts

My experience is they will not want to pay for them. However, I've always been treated well buying the truck back.

eclb 97 4x4 128k miles,
Does anyone have any idea about what insurance does for aftermarket parts when totaling a truck?
I do have all the reciepts that total up just over 12 grand in tranny, engine and fuel system. Very curious to what they will do,(other than bend me over) and how much i will have to buy the truck back for...

Don't count on getting much or anything at all for aftermarket parts. My 96 was totaled two years ago when a jeep hit me after I only had the truck done five days from a frame-up rebuild. However, got a nice price on buying the truck back.

Friend just totaled an 00 3500 last week with 90k miles. Bone stock, Insurance offered $15k with a $4500 buy back. I wouldn't tell them about any of the mods. Get what you can and buy it back. Part it out or reuse what you can.

Sent from Razr Maxx

Typically how much do they try to sell you the truck back for? im worried because kbb is only about 7500$ why not tell them about mods showing reciepts and seeing if they will do anything?

when i was last in for insurance when i switched my agent said normal full coverage wont cover aftermarket accessories, UNLESS you get the "special" insurance (i cant member the exact terminology) and it includes aftermarket stuff...(i have this) now they will comb over your truck, and you need all reciepts for whatever is aftermarket and even when all is said and done, you wont get 100% of said parts value back...basically adds the hello kitty band-aid to the wound instead of the generic band-aid

I used to work in an auto body shop, and usually they will only pay you for the total value of your aftermarket parts if you had the truck appraised previous to the accident and were paying insurance on that value. if they don't give you much just buy it back and part it out.

Yea, That definitely makes sense, i guess i will be buying it back and parting it out which i initially planned on doing

All depends on your ins company. Mine will cover 3K in aftermarket parts included in my normal premium. I have 10K in extra insurance to cover the after market stuff the 3k won't cover. I'm more worried about it being stolen then getting wrecked.

usually they will only pay you for the total value of your aftermarket parts if you had the truck appraised previous to the accident and were paying insurance on that value.

This. If you don't have agreed value insurance prior to the wreck, you're SOL. Buy it back, part it out. It'll take a long time, but it's the best chance of getting your money back out of it.

got 10k after buying it back, it was a 1000$ buy back, it was a real tough decision! time to build another 12 valve!

ya sent them in 56 pages of reciepts only things that added value was tires lift tint exhaust and visual upgrades really.... nothing for performance....

Back