towing and weekend warrior

cu2500

Im wanting to do some changes on my 05. Currently Ive got a 4in TBE, intake, dd clutch, AD 150, smarty ssr, and ts mp8. I'm thinking on changing to 5in exhaust to help on the heat issue. On occasion I haul an excavator, with trailer I'm close to 15000. I was wondering what I could do to cool it down a little when hauling but I'm still wanting to start a slow build with the truck. Is this possible? Is a 63mm the way to go or is it possible to go a bit bigger and help the situation? Will an intake horn help much? And what size injectors would you all prefer? open to anything guys thanks!

I'm thinking on changing to 5in exhaust to help on the heat issue.

Won't help.

On occasion I haul an excavator, with trailer I'm close to 15000.

Gross?

I was wondering what I could do to cool it down a little when hauling but I'm still wanting to start a slow build with the truck. Is this possible?

Yes.

Is a 63mm the way to go or is it possible to go a bit bigger and help the situation?

63mm what? Compressor inducer on a turbo?

Will an intake horn help much?

No.

And what size injectors would you all prefer?

I prefer injectors that are properly size for my intend hp goal.

open to anything guys thanks!

Read my man read.

Some smart azz comments could not help myself.

Stock turbo and a mid size S472 would be very helpful to cool egt's.

When are you seeing high temp's?

I basically have what you want in my 06. TWINS, stock over S475, DDP 90 tips, had a Smarty, now EFI Live. I can tow down I-68 (through the mountains out east) with the cruise set on 70-75 running 1150* and 50# boost and never miss a beat, that was grossing 23,000#. Naturally I have all the supporting modifications to handle that like traction bars, head studs, valve springs, 30% over CP3, AD 150, DD Clutch, etc.. I built the truck to tow a trailer well, and it does it without missing a beat.

Thanks 06 diesel i may try something along those lines.

Back