Towing... how not to do it!

Amazing what a trailer brake controller would have done for that situation.

This almost happen to my friend once. He saved it with out trailer breaks. How he saved idk. But the trailer was about to flip

You have to speed up when the trailer starts doing that or you will wreck. That is the only way to save it. You slowly decelerate to a safe speed after. I towed a single axle POS trailer when I was younger and it did that all the time. I'd have to speed up and slow back down like 10 times in high wind.

I'm guessing weight distribution was the reason it started to sway. The fact that the car pulling the trailer was not built for towing didn't help either...indipendant rear suspension...uniboby...etc. I doubt they had enough power to speed up and even then I doubt it would have saved them. I congratulate the idiots for turning it into a scrap heap! This is the very reason there are gvw laws, etc.

Funny to watch though!

Last edited:
Holy hell everything possible was wrong with that load, for sure the car was to light to begin with putting little to no tongue weight, more than likely no trailer brakes. Speeding up wouldn't of helped them, steering with it rather than the natural reaction of fighting it would have.

It is things like that that make me glad I have a proper tow vehicle and trailer with brakes. It is amazing how quickly you can lose control of a trailer, especially when weighted wrong.

Back