towing with an H&S

frankencummins

This is not my truck, not a ford guy; but my little brother is. After reading the stories of turbo's making their way to the graveyard on stock trucks how much should I worry about putting 15k+ behind this 6.7 F350 with an H&S and wanting to go around 1.5k mi away from home? We pull cattle to the NWSS every year and this new toy is going to be pulling tack if not cattle there from N.C to Denver; idk how many of y'all have made a haul like that in late December early January but being stranded road side with a blown charger at 0* is not my idea of a good time:badidea:. Just want some reliability feed back before I spend a grand on a tuner. I love that H&S can blow sh!t up on their dyno but I need something to give performance and reliability along with making all these sweet new Ford designs last over 150k. Thanks guys

Last edited:
My buddy has 110k on his 2011. Tuned at 60k. Truck stays hooked to a big horse trailer. Literally.

Never comes off the highest power level (hot/performance) with no defuels. Not my recommendation, just saying I've seen one hold up to a fair amount of "abuse"

We tow with ours all the time, H&S set on mild rolling on 35" tires..has been over 100miles from home, gone threw mountains...no problems at all.

Back