tps and auto trans questions,,,

madmatt

So i've got the build done, engine in the truck and has been started but trans issues have kept us from moving it under it's own power yet. My question is, is the TPS (or 24V apps) needed with our full manual valve body? We have od locked out, control the t/c lock up with a switch and use a floor mounted B&M rachet shifter so is the sensor needed and would it be possible get rid of both the pcm and ecm and wire up only the necessary circuit for the t/c lock switch and just use manual gauges for vital info????
Thanks!

Interested in this also. Are you running a 47rh or re?
If I swap my tranny for an auto I will definitely go the route you did

re and if you have any trouble let me know as I've learned a lot in my research and doing this build myself. I'm really not too far away and actually a guy towards you is doing the trans work. He's done a few of the hot running auto trucks i know you've seen in KY. We plan on pulling BOB next year after we get the bugs lined out this year

I would say with a manual vb all you will need is a 5v circut for the tcc and you should be fine. I hope to put a manual vb in mine next year and do away with everything too, just get a manaul tach, i have everything else covered all ready.

I would say with a manual vb all you will need is a 5v circut for the tcc and you should be fine. I hope to put a manual vb in mine next year and do away with everything too, just get a manaul tach, i have everything else covered all ready.

TCC(is that lockup?)

I think the lockup and OD are both 12V also.
5V is for the gov pressure sensor isn't it?

Zstroken it might be i just thought it was 5 cause my one diagram has it marked like that unless i read it wrong.

Is a manual valve body possible to run on the street at all? I have heard mixed opinions

Yes it is possible but we wont be.
also the word I've got on my question is the as long as you keep and control the t/c lock up circuit with a switch correctly, the rest of the electronics can be ditched. we'll be keeping only the needed wires and removing the rest from the connector to simplify things.

i just finished p pumping an auto truck and cant seem to get tranny out of limp mode, it is a street truck so i gotta get it working, any thoughts?

used the apps where tps should be. i grounded computer straight to the battery tonight and soldered a resistor in orange wire middle plug on pcm, now wont shift out of 1st gear...not sure how many ohm the resistor was cause someone mixed all up lol but i think someone told mr 33 ohm was needed?

i used the stock 24v apps and just cut it to fit in place. drilled two holes in it and used the 24v tappet ecm spacer and screwed it right back into the pump body. works perfect other than i cant get the cap on the power steering pump lol

i used the stock 24v apps and just cut it to fit in place. drilled two holes in it and used the 24v tappet ecm spacer and screwed it right back into the pump body. works perfect other than i cant get the cap on the power steering pump lol

Got a pic of that??? I was thinking about trying to run my APPS again... For some reason I get a 2-3 shift flare if i don't "drive around it" since my conversion... I have no issues with OD or TC lockup however. I just don't wanna adjust the bands if i don't need to...

Sorry for thread de-rail...

To the OP, from my experiences, we did not wire anything on a truck with a manual valvebody. this was on a 12v street/strip truck. When driving the truck around, you controlled everything, gear selection lockup and OD... in the end the truck got a Suncoast valvebody as it was a pain in the ass to drive on the street...

Back